Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fustrated with cars and lack of resources. Want to do a e36 swap in the bay area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fustrated with cars and lack of resources. Want to do a e36 swap in the bay area.

I had an e46 back in NY that broke down all the time. Instead of doing the smart thing and getting rid of it I kept throwing money at it. I realllyyyy wanted to do the work myself and learn about cars but work got in the way.

I moved to the bay area about 2 months ago and picked up a nice little e30 thinking "ok I'm gonna learn on this car" but my timing belt just broke. I'd really like to keep the car but I'd have to fix this timing belt issue. Reading around it looks like there could be all sorts of engine damage and I'm leaning towards doing a swap (maybe a new e36 engine??)

I'm looking for people in the bar area who I can do this swap with and learn more about cars (specifically e30). I'm not made of money but I would even be willing to throw a few bucks your way.

If you'd like to help me with the swap (or fix the damn cylinder head and god knows what else is broken) feel free to reply or send me a PM. If you were in my situation and had about 1500-2k to spend what would you do? Fix the problem or swap a newer motor?

Please don't let me sell her!

Check the link in my signature. I did my M50 for about $1200 and did it as simply as I possibly could. 15k miles later and all I've had to do is change oil and a belt tensioner.

The power difference between an M20 and M50 is fairly marginal however you do get a timing chain and a somewhat more modern, efficient motor. Personally I'm a fan of the M50 but I've also never owned an M20.
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
    X