14.4 volts or 14.2 like the Bentley manual says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14.4 volts or 14.2 like the Bentley manual says

So i have a 1986 bmw 325 e. The car needs work to say the least and has been "worked on" by clueless people. Here is my issue. I found out the rectifier in my alternator was bad and replaced the alternator with a bench tested used one. The car originally had a high idle of 900 and brake light on the check panel continuously on as well. After installing the new alternator voltage was 14.2 and the idle stabilized at around 600 and the brake light indacator light turned off after starting the car and depressing the brake like it should. I took a 2 hour drive to and car is back to its old self and voltage is up to 14.4. I have a new voltage regulator coming so im hoping that will put it back to 14.2 according to the Bentley manual. Any one have any similar experience? Thanks.

Yes that is to high and the voltage regulator that you buy make sure it's a BOSCH part not anything else. Any other brand might still give you the same issue or worse. And it's really suppose to be 14.1 V at the very most.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Working...
    X