Racewerkz Engineering and Casey Dennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racewerkz Engineering and Casey Dennis

Recently I started the process of buying an E46 M3 race car. As you can imagine, they range from pristine to absolute rubbish. They are also spread wide and far across the US.

After scouring the internet to filter through the junk I settled on a car in Southern California that was advertised as thoroughly complete and track ready. As I’m located in the Midwest, short of flying out to visually inspect the car, it’s hard to assess the state of a car and besides me looking at it is far from a thorough inspection. Enter Casey Dennis at Racewerkz Engineering (www.racewerkz.com).

After searching for a competent race shop in the LA area, it became clear there are really about three to deal with. The reviews on this forum and two others convinced me Racewerkz was a good option and it was close to the car to boot. I made the right choice.

You SOB’s :) in Southern California not only have good the weather, but Racewerkz as well. The M3 was flat-bedded to his shop and immediately Casey jumped on it to give me an initial assessment of the condition with a barrage of detailed photos, perfect no, but a worthy suitor. Then the serious inspection began. Casey found the exhaust was toast and more importantly the “fresh engine” wasn’t quite as fresh as advertised. Without going into too much detail, let’s just say the price of the M3 came down dramatically to reflect the inspection details Casey turned up for me. Inspection money well spent.

To top this all off, the seller is dropping off extra parts at Racewerkz this week, Casey is handing the seller the purchase check (I FedExed it to him) and collecting the Bill of Sale and title to be mailed back to me. Atop this he’s packing the extra parts in the M3, enclosing the car (side windows are out – race car) to be shipped to me and if possible, he’s even setting up the shipping to St. Louis. Now that’s customer service.

In the spirit of transparency, Racewerkz is not a sponsor, nor are they paying me to babble about them. Just want you guys to know what a great shop they are.

Feff
    MVP Track Time :mrgreen:
Working...
X