92 vert leaky engine and blown head gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 vert leaky engine and blown head gasket

I have a 92 325 convertible in laguna green. It's a nice car, and in my year of ownership, I've made it much nicer.

It has always leaked oil, but I just assumed it was the oil pan gasket or cam seal. I just kept a quart of oil in the trunk. Anyway, looks like things took a turn for the worse. I let the car sit for about a month as I just got a 2003 540i which is more practical for me now.

Now there is coolant in the oil. I don't have a garage, so this is a job that I need a shop to do. I also live in the Bay Area where labor rates are astronomical.

Anyone know what I'm looking at cost wise to rebuild the engine or swap in a good one?Should I just sell it as is?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There doesn't seem to be any indication you need a rebuilt or new engine. You have one of the newest (least old?) m20's out there and if you are familiar with the engine (good smog #'s, kept up with oil changes, etc) you should just slap on a new HG. Hit up ryanG for a quote, it should be under 1k. You'd lose a ton more money selling the car as-is.
    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.
    1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
    1991 Brillantrot Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
    2003 GSX-R 750

Comment

Working...
    X