*** URGENT REQUEST *** Orange County, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*** URGENT REQUEST *** Orange County, CA

I know this might be a weird request... but here it goes.

You all don't really know me. I'm more of a lurker. But my Son (Tyler, 14) has Down Syndrome. We are part of the Down Syndrome Association of OC (www.dsaoc.org). And THIS weekend (Sunday 10/29) is the annual DSAOC Buddy Walk.

There are a few "Celebrities" that are part of the event, and the DSAOC has asked me to get 2-3 convertibles for the event to have them "driven through the very short parade".

I have my 89 E30 Convertible all ready to go! But my other friend received horrible news (his wife might only have 1 month to live) and can't make it.

SO...

I'm looking for 1 or 2 (not show quality... but "cars and coffee quality") convertibles to have a few really cool "Down Syndrome Celebrities" ride in for the parade.

If you have it in your heart to help a great cause... and can spare a couple of hours THIS SUNDAY. PLEASE let me know. I'm running out of time, and really don't want to disappoint the group.

Again. Looking for a good clean (convertible... doesn't have to be an E30 but that would be cool to have a parade of two or three E30s) Let me know!!!

I'm sure r3v will come through.

I wish my vert was registered.... If you're willing to have a nice coupe come through, I'd be willing to come out.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Hopefully a mod will move this to the California's sub forum. Also, I'd post in the socal general chat
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I'll post it on Facebook
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I got a couple of people willing to help out. PM me a number and name, so I can have them contact you.

Comment

Got 2 guys in, ready to go, I just need your contact info.

Comment

PM Sent!!!

Thanks!
              This kids and families will be so appreciative. Thanks!
              Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                I'm sure r3v will come through.

I wish my vert was registered.... If you're willing to have a nice coupe come through, I'd be willing to come out.
                Thanks, man. I really need Verts. But you are more than welcome to come down. If you have kids/family there are games and events the entire day. I'll get you in the event if you want!

Let me know. PM me if you want details.

Comment

Sent you PM
                  sigpic

Comment

in the future if you offer a broke r3ver beer and food, you can damn near get a motor swap done for free, and your house re roofed lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                      in the future if you offer a broke r3ver beer and food, you can damn near get a motor swap done for free, and your house re roofed lol
                      I'd say if you know how to do either one of those correctly you should have slim to no reason for being broke in the first place.....lol

Comment

WOW!!! This group!!!

I can't thank you enough. Members on this Forum came through in a BIG way! We have a little Mini-E30 Cabrio Parade happening at our event! Much more than I had hoped for.

I really can't thank you guys enough.

For those interested, three of the cast members of the A&E TV series "Born This Way" will be riding in our cars...

And the "Grand Marshal" will be Jamie Brewer who is the first person with Down Syndrome to be a fashion model in a New York fashion show...

So with our four cars, each one of this exceptional "kids" will be able to ride in style in their own convertible.

I speak on behalf of myself, my family, my Son (Tyler) and the entire Down Syndrome Association of OC when I say thank you for helping to make this annual event just a little more special for these kiddos and their families.

FYI - I'm a member of two car communities - the E30 and the Air Cooled VW. I put requests out to both communities... and the E30 group was the only one to come through for me. I guess I know where my allegiance lies now!

Me and my Boy in my (sold) VW Bus a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                          Noted!

Who's to say I won't buy a round or two for those who HAVE volunteered.

Comment

One last thing. Every year we raise monies for the Buddy Walk by running a donation based lemonade stand.

This was our 4th Annual Tyler's Lemonade Stand and Fundraiser, and we raised $2500. I'll let everyone know when it happens next year, maybe we could have a cruise out to my house.

Thanks again.

Tyler's Down Syndrome Assc of OC Lemonade Fundraiser, Mission Viejo, California. 204 likes. Join us Sunday June 24, 2018 for our 6th Annual DSAOC Lemonade Stand Fundraiser. Let's make it even better...

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarian View Post
                              Thanks, man. I really need Verts. But you are more than welcome to come down. If you have kids/family there are games and events the entire day. I'll get you in the event if you want!

Let me know. PM me if you want details.
                              sent you a pm .

I'm down to come support.

Comment

Working...
                              X