Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want/plan/need to get done before Picnic '10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cramer View Post
    Decent size list this year that no one be able to tell it's done since it's all out of sight, it more just effects the driveability :P
    Isn't that the worst? I'm building up both subframes from scratch, all new stuff, but no one's going to care. They'll be more enthused about a huge subwoofer, darth vader interior, "out there" paint, and mad tyte wheelz.
    Slicktop City!

Comment

I've got stuff like that I need to do as well, I know my rear subframe and trailing arm bushings need to be replaced, as well as my rear wheel bearings. They aren't awful, but I can tell they're going to need it soon. I'd love to have those done before June, too.

Comment

Refresh paint a bit,
        Through detailing
        Possibly paint calipers red,
        Tune up,
        Clear coat on smoked tails,
        Valve adjustment(maybe),
        Smoke headlights(maybe)

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Brand new 205/55/R15 Yokohama Avid V4S tires on stock weaves - Done.
          Koni Adjustables front/back
          IS or Rieger lip
          Ellipsoids
          Alignment

Thats' about all I can afford before June if I don't want to eat top ramen every day for the next month or so...
          Last edited by kid325e; 03-23-2010, 08:02 AM.
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I need to put an engine in my white car...
            1989 325i Alpine s52 coupe
            2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
            2003 X5 3.0

Comment

So how are people's projects coming along? Got mine listed on the previous page done! Now I'm debating on starting the door panels and wing... less then 3 months to go :)
              Chris
              90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

- rescue paint
                - chrome trim, fuck shadowline
                - straighten wheels
                - spoiler
                - mount my damn radio properly so that it doesn't slide out when I downshift :o
                cars beep boop

Comment

got an lsd installed, 4.10 is short as hell but fun
                  -Andy

Comment

even though im probably not coming. repaint bumpers gloss, mk3 or mt2 lip and a limited slip. maybe some seats

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
                      So how are people's projects coming along? Got mine listed on the previous page done! Now I'm debating on starting the door panels and wing... less then 3 months to go :)
                      - Get my matching MkII Recaro rear seat installed (fitted, need to actually mount it)
                      - Spray dye my rear parcel shelf (done, and it looks amazing)
                      - Get the rest of my pinstriping removed (the painted-on stuff) (NOT DONE)
                      - Get an iS lip or another Reiger (sticking with the standard i lip)
                      - Paint my brake calipers (anything but stock rusted color) (NOT DONE. But I'm doing them red, fuck the haters, it's my car)
                      - Get my stock engine fan removed (NOT DONE)

And last but not least...

- Get some decent wheels on it! (Have the wheels, but I have to get them refinished and get tires for them)

Comment

ooohh lots of fun things to complete in the next 2.5 months.

Re-dye door cards
                        Install BBK and get calipers powdercoated blue
                        Swap IE 25/22mm sways for 22/19mm sways
                        Swap Vorschlag camber plates for Kmac
                        Install rear toe adjusters
                        Swap diffs
                        Install Mtech lip spoiler
                        (Maybe) swap H1/H4 setup for smoked euro smileys

and

m30 swap. Hopefully will include the 15lb flywheel and 272 cam from the '83 533i, and most definitely will have the Miller MAF/WAR combo. Perhaps head rebuild with 3-angle valve grind and port-match if time and $ allow.

Lots to do. I already have all the parts for the top set of things collected, it's all paid for and ready to install. The trick will be allowing myself to spend even more $ on the motor swap.
                        Last edited by CorvallisBMW; 03-31-2010, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                          - Get my matching MkII Recaro rear seat installed (fitted, need to actually mount it)
                          - Spray dye my rear parcel shelf (done, and it looks amazing)
                          - Get the rest of my pinstriping removed (the painted-on stuff) (NOT DONE)
                          - Get an iS lip or another Reiger (sticking with the standard i lip)
                          - Paint my brake calipers (anything but stock rusted color) (NOT DONE. But I'm doing them red, fuck the haters, it's my car)
                          - Get my stock engine fan removed (NOT DONE)

And last but not least...

- Get some decent wheels on it! (Have the wheels, but I have to get them refinished and get tires for them)
                          - Best $5 ever, they look so good nice and fresh!
                          - Have you tried those rubber wheels meant for removing pinstripes? They attach to a drill.
                          - i lips look like crap IMO, maybe you could borrow an iS like you did last year ;)
                          - Red looks tits. Fuck the haters.
                          - 5 min job. done.
                          - Looking very forward to seeing these on your car! What's the total offset going to be?

Comment

Selling your 25/22mm sways? If so I need to install a new/used set before the picnic...
                            sigpic
                            e30 Sold long ago - Too many BMWs since then... For now 2006 M5

Comment

I'm 99% sure I already have a buyer, but if it falls through i'll let you know. The Vorschlag plates may also be FS (If KenC doesn't blow too much $ at the gay bars in Austin this weekend)

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                                - Best $5 ever, they look so good nice and fresh!
                                - Have you tried those rubber wheels meant for removing pinstripes? They attach to a drill.
                                - i lips look like crap IMO, maybe you could borrow an iS like you did last year ;)
                                - Red looks tits. Fuck the haters.
                                - 5 min job. done.
                                - Looking very forward to seeing these on your car! What's the total offset going to be?
                                I used the rubber wheel on the stick-on crap, it took it right off. The parts that are remaining are painted on, so they'll have to be cut/buffed off at a body shop.

I like the i lip, especially if you're fairly low in the front, like I am. I'll get an i if I can pick on up used for cheap, buying them new is just too spendy for a chunk of plastic. Total offset for the wheels will be ET15 in the front, and ET10 rear. I was hoping to have ET10 and ET5 respectively, but the wheels are ET35, not ET30 like I thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X