No announcement yet.

4th Annual All E30 Picnic & Drive information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recruited my dad to remove them, and I put them back on myself. Supposed to be 60ish ft/lbs? Okay, I tried several different variations on the real torque bar then said screw it. Went back and used what was used to remove them. One of those Crows feet things, and a 3/8" drive ~8" long angling non-ratcheting mini-breaker, with a bottle jack rod as another mini (~8") extension and just got them as tight as i could in the space I had under the car :) Im sure they are at least 60. The arrrghhhh ahh ok its tight, method.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B
      I recruited my dad to remove them, and I put them back on myself. Supposed to be 60ish ft/lbs? Okay, I tried several different variations on the real torque bar then said screw it. Went back and used what was used to remove them. One of those Crows feet things, and a 3/8" drive ~8" long angling non-ratcheting mini-breaker, with a bottle jack rod as another mini (~8") extension and just got them as tight as i could in the space I had under the car :) Im sure they are at least 60. The arrrghhhh ahh ok its tight, method.
      I just had my mom pick up a torque wrench on her way home, with all the torque reduction from teh crows foot and the swivel though, i doubt i'll be able to get an accurate measure on it.. so it'll probably be a 'ahh its tight' job for me as well.
      Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
      Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Originally posted by hamann318is
        James, your euro bumper is CLEAN.
        I was going to say the same. Even with his car all apart and parts everywhere they look brand spanking new.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by eightyfoure
          I was going to say the same. Even with his car all apart and parts everywhere they look brand spanking new.
          if only his paint matched...

ZING :!:

Comment

All,

Here is a link to info about the E30 Picnic. The RSVP's are coming in. Be
            sure to let me know if you are attending. We found a couple of images of
            the actual DTM Tic Tac Race Car that are posted in the link:

Tour: I've scoped a short tour from the Triple-X out to Snoqualmie Falls.
            I didn't go on the last tour, but I'd be surprised if this was the same
            back-country route. We'll look to roll out on the tour about 3PM, and I
            would guess it is around 45 minutes to Snoqualmie Falls.

Out of Towners: There is a Motel 6 and a Holiday Inn one exit to the West
            on I-90. Those were the closest motels I could see.

I understand there will be some people from California coming up this year.
            That got me thinking if you could provide me with your city with your RSVP,
            that would be interesting to see where all everyone is coming from. I've
            got at least a half dozen Canadians already RSVP'd and the same amount from
            Oregon.

DVD: We are going to have another free E30 related racing DVD to distribute
            this year. Last year we made 100 and ran out so we are doing 125 and see
            how that goes. It is free as part of your donation to the picnic. They
            will be distributed first come, first served, but with 125 I think everyone
            will get one.

So when you RSVP: Name, year and type of E30, number of guests, city.

cheers,

Lance Richert
            2 weeks and counting...
            Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I was wondering about that.......done.

Comment

Good work guys, I'm rooting for you all to finish up with time to spare before the road trip North.

I'm racing with some other E30s the weekend before the Picnic, assuming no bent sheetmetal I'll be bringing the race car. There should be 4 or 5 E30 race cars there.

cheers
                Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

Originally posted by eightyfoure
                  They probably look that way because they are less than a year old. he bought them 'brand spanking new'.
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Everyone should make sure to RSVP with Lance. Don't forget to include the following information:

Name
                    Type of E30 and year
                    Number of guests(?)
                    City

EDIT:

Damn Typo's...
                    PNW E30 CREW ///

Comment

Guest just means anyone else besides the driver. If we have 100 E30s and each person has 1 guest along, then I can tell the Triple-X guys to plan on feeding around 200 people that day. 8)

Please RSVP to me off-line at:

Lance@Richertnet.com

If I'm a little late responding to e-mails, sorry in advance. I've got a short week to get the 4-door ready for a race this next weekend.

cheers,
                      Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                      www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

so is there a thread organizing the road trip from cali?
                        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

No, but maybe we should start one.

This is what I know so far --

Jon-92 mtechnic cabrio and Matt-MR325 apparently are driving to washington together. The night before, very early, to get to some unknown destination.

I dont know if Aaron Silva is going, I havent heard much from him recently in this thread.

I didnt know you were going, but thats pretty cool, we could meet somewhere around here, or where I mentioned in Sacramento.

My plans and ideas how to link up --

Leave rediculously early in the morning (3ish AM) on the 13th. This gives plenty of time to get to Portland or somewhere in WA to crash for the night. Leaving at that time would put us at like James' house in the early evening after gas/food/reststops are factored in, or stopping in OR to say hi to anybody close along the route. This gives us enough time once we get there to meet people, have a little fun before its time to break out the sleeping bag :P Anyways, we would get to the sacramento meeting place, at roughly 4:30-5am if it will even be used. This should be a good target time anyway. Cell phone # swapping would be a must before the trip to call eachother before meeting if someone starts falling out of the time window.

Sacramento seems to basically be the logical meeting point for at least anybody coming up from the south to meet bay area people, and us to pick up Aaron if he's going still, also people from the greater bay area to meet. I think considering you're so close you can cruise up to my house in Petaluma and we can drive from there. For you it would be hit 101N then take 37 east in Novato. It really isnt much further to my house at all and then we wouldnt have to wonder where eachother are in Sac.

What do you think about the times though? It IS a LOOONGASS drive even haulin ass which isnt the best idea anyway across state lines, so I'd prefer to get there with plenty of time to spare and sleep time.

Ive seen you on AIM, I just havent IM'ed you. Now we've got something to talk about. IM me whenever I dont have an away msg up, Im probably here unless I ran out for a bit to work on the car and forgot to. Do you know of anybody else besides yourself and maybe Aaron driving up from the norcal area? If there's a train of more than two cars little hand radio's would really come in handy like mentioned earlier in this thread for the lead and last cars.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30
                            so is there a thread organizing the road trip from cali?
                            I was hoping to have this thread organize everything.

If anybody wants to post some meeting times and addresses from the CA trip, I'll post them on the first page along with the OR and WA stuff.
                            Originally posted by Gruelius
                            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Sounds good to me, to keep everything here. It should be easy enough to organize anyway.

Comment

Gettin' closer

Tie rods installed

Old parts

Just waiting for the control arm bushings to be pressed @ 1pm today.

Still to install:

Interior money shot..

Comment

Working...
                                X