• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front end: Complete.

Tommorow: back end.
    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Sweet. Mine should be able to go back together soon. I just need to get some parts I may have been able to get today but just didnt work out.
      I did however get an amp :D ...And a ticket :x Bahhhh!!!! Damn! :evil:

Comment

To the cali guys:

hahahahahhahaha

I just drove from san diego -> seattle today with a friend. if you get sleepy, caffeine drinks are your friend. good luck. oh, consider buying a radar detector for the trip. mine paid for its self more than once - just today alone.

Comment

Sooo.. i can't get my rear springs out, and the nut head that connects my rear sway links to the trailing arm is stripped so i can't undo it, making it 10x harder to get out the springs.. sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen
            Sooo.. i can't get my rear springs out, and the nut head that connects my rear sway links to the trailing arm is stripped so i can't undo it, making it 10x harder to get out the springs.. sweet.
            just get a spring compressor from autozone and you get your money back when your'e done.

Comment

eh, use a spring compressor, is there any way NOT to? I didnt disconnect my bar and all that, but I probably didnt have my shocks connected either. No bar lets it droop even more I think, just a little less to compress.

As far as my car goes, my suspension is done minus a front end alignment that I'll probably have done like wednesday or something...after I get my stereo equipment in place. Now I need to rewire my sound, clean my carpet, and put my interior back together. Somehow. :?

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony
                just get a spring compressor from autozone and you get your money back when your'e done.
                I have one. No dice.

Comment

I have one. No dice.
                  Just pull the swaybar out of the dogbone.
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                    I have one. No dice.
                    not so easy when you can't disconnect the sway link :p

Comment

I have one. No dice.
                      So my car is going to drive tonight..does this mean I beat you? :D

Comment

Well you beat me if yours is DONE, mine has always been able to drive if i put my drivers seat in ;p I am totally scrambling now... got a lot of shit left to do and i need it aligned tomorrow at 3pm. Everything has to be wired by then anyway. Im not going to cut my kickpanels, and probably wont install my rocker trim even for the trip. extra work. maybe not even my rear seat! Just the basic shit put back on so I can drive the damn thing as long as ive got the radio and all that shizzat figured out :D

Timeline from now-
                        Now to after midnight - Better freakin get my amp wired up, maybe not configged, but wired, and the trunk liners back in.
                        Tomorrow before 3pm - Get up at the asscrack of dawn and get to work putting my seats in, sorting through bolts and sh*t that i once had organized and putting everything else on that I can. That is besides the kickpanels and rocker trim as I'll likely leave those off. Lots of time going to be wasted fitting the panels and cutting them in the exact right spot
                        <3pm sometime - Drive my ass up to get an alignment done. Hopefully it doesnt cost too much and im in and out quickly so I can get back home and finish stuff and get to bed to wake up at 3 freakin AM to leave to Sacramento to meet the socal homies.

Speaking of you socal boys, I need to talk to you, Jon, on AIM and work out roughly exact times and stuff.

Comment

All,

Looks like you all are making good progress. So far my RSVP list only shows one RSVP from California. RSVP name is Justin Breese.

If you have not RSVP'd please shoot me an e-mail, including your city. If you have RSVP'd, please tell me where in California you are coming from.

Right now we are sitting on around 95 E30s RSVP'd

thanks!

Lance Richert
                          '88 M3, etc.
                          Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                          www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone
                            I have one. No dice.
                            So my car is going to drive tonight..does this mean I beat you? :D
                            only in the sense of you had help for hte past three weeks and i didn't ;)

:roll: tacoma r3v community.

i keeed i keed.

in all seriousness though, how the fuck does 1 person get the springs out. not having a helping hand is a pain in the ass.

Comment

I did it myself, for the spring compressors you just gotta get crafty where to insert them otherwise as I believe you found out, they wont fit. I think I had like one upside down and both not even on total opposites of eachother, but far enough apart they compressed it.
                              And um.. yeah. Pulling rear springs alone would be a PITA alone if you dont have a spring compressor. Are they stock or shorter ones? Disconnect the shock on both sides and it may drop the trailing arm enough, or disconnect the swaybar too however you can. Even at full drooop without anything connected I think it could be a real bitch to take off.
                              The spring compressor I used doesnt exactly have real small fingers either, that cheapy one from HF, works great though :) I should have taken pics.

Comment

my spring compressors wouldn't fit in there so I used heavy duty shipping straps (basically huge zip ties). Compressed the springs by using the jack and then tighten up the straps. It takes some time finding out the best places to put them and how many coils to grab.
                                Chris
                                90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Working...
                                X