Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want/plan/need to get done before Picnic '11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you want/plan/need to get done before Picnic '11?

If I'm incredibly lucky:

Coilovers
    Front suspension rebuild
    All bushings
    Skid plate
    Wire up new components
    Install carpet
    Obtain is lip
    Paint valence, lip, spoiler, mirrors, bottom door trim, valve cover
    Iggee seat covers

All that is probably pushing it though. The money flow determines what will have to be put off till summer.

What about you guys?

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
    ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
    Originally posted by JakeP
    with a coathanger

^Awe, you've got plenty of time.

Install new wheels/tires-check
    Paint and install decklid ornament-check
    Fix lower timing cover leakage-check
    Install new clutch
    Replace front brakes-check
    Replace intake boot and all CCV/ICV hoses-check
    Troubleshoot AFM issue-check

looks like clutch is going to have to wait.
    Last edited by Ryann; 06-21-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I'm tryn to caravan up, BUT need to install rollbar, install race seats, fabricate rear seat delete, re-swap s50 for s52, obd1 conversion on s52, wrap headers, fix misc problems.... Seems like a tall list, but gotta get it done by summer one way or another...
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Mtech-I install
        Paint
        New glass all around
        Shorter springs
        New dash
        Finish Ronal turbos
        sigpic

Comment

S50 swap.

Build up another car to sell at the picnic.

Comment

need to get a job, so i stay in the pnw

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
              I'm tryn to caravan up, BUT need to install rollbar, install race seats, fabricate rear seat delete, re-swap s50 for s52, obd1 conversion on s52, wrap headers, fix misc problems.... Seems like a tall list, but gotta get it done by summer one way or another...
              Sick! Finally making it huh
              It's starting to look grim for bfest with my car since I broke my hand, but this is my list......

Pull front subframe and struts from car and install my m52/trans/suspension I took out of the vert
              Install 944 booster and modified brake lines (no abs)
              Fix bent arc8s
              Remove ds from vert, replace csb, install in 88
              Remove trailing arms and weld on camber/toe correction plates. Sub is already dropped. Reinstall with diff.
              Remove rear hardline T from vert for 88, stole it from the 88 for the abs delete.
              Install mishimoto radiator with my 12" permacool fan
              Finish last few tubes for roll cage (to front shock towers), paint cage and interior
              Install ds door, with lock cylinder from original door. Map pockets off too, or it wont close.
              Reinstall f/r windows, new lock strips needed and rear window seal.
              Straighten roof more, and patch sunroof hole with cf panel from ebay...
              Install pass fender, buy and install pass sideview mirror on door
              Buy, install, rear is lip
              Install headlights, grilles, valence, and plastic bumpers (bare plastic atm, must be at least primed. Same for the valence, I detexturized it, so it's bare metal)
              Paint car (lol? Or just roll un matching )
              Wire car with painless wiring kit, no auto door lock, but ineed to figure out how to wire the pwr windows and e36 switches without any of the stock harness. May try to retain the mirror adjustment motors functional, too.
              On top of the painless kit, I need to incorporate my RaceTechnology Dash2 display, aka my new instrument "cluster"...this is a good project in itself, wiring and programing for sensors etc
              Install race seats with side mounts, ill probably make the brackets.
              Buy, install, ss braided brake lines
              freshen up stock brakes with new rotors and pads, not enough dough yet for a bbk

That's almost all of it

:???:

Comment

I want to finish my 1jz swap. ... all I need is brake booster. . Drive shaft and wiring. .. also everything to refresh motor. ..

Also need to redo all rear end bushings and also roll fenders. ..

I might just lay off the swap till after this summer. . But idk yet. ...

Comment

new rims and tires put on and all electrical components in working order. Not having much money and additional pop up bills BLOW!
                  sigpic
                  Strategic Alpine Command

Comment

Needs: Zero. Already done :)

Wants:
                    rear headrests
                    shave trunk lid, mtech 2 rear wing (lower section only) with Z4 sidemarker 3rd brake light in place of trunk roundel
                    replace burnt out OBC display bulbs
                    fix small nicks in vinyl door cards
                    fix leather damage

Comment

Get m50 running, fully detail it, new tread on, 4 wheel alignment, Camber plates

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

All I need is to get home from A'Stan before the picnic. I just hope the .gov doesn't screw me...

But I'd like to have the new stereo and speakers wired into and the RS'es mounted on the eta .
                        I'd also hope that my suspension is all buttoned up on the M3 by then too, just gotta install.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
                          All I need is to get home from A'Stan before the picnic. I just hope the .gov doesn't screw me...

But I'd like to have the new stereo and speakers wired into and the RS'es mounted on the eta .
                          I'd also hope that my suspension is all buttoned up on the M3 by then too, just gotta install.
                          Telling you, man...I will drive to your home and install your stuff while you are gone. You can come home to finished!

I don't know if I am even gonna make it to the picnic this year, things are shitty for me right now.

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I'd like a new set of wheels, that'd be about it
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                              Telling you, man...I will drive to your home and install your stuff while you are gone. You can come home to finished!

I don't know if I am even gonna make it to the picnic this year, things are shitty for me right now.
                              I'd really like that, but I wouldn't wish my garage on anyone right now. The father-in-law did me a 'favor' and 'organized' it before I came home on leave. Now I don't have the faintest of ideas of where anything is. Guess, it'll be fun re-re-organizing and re-discovering stuff when I get back.

Oh and for the record, the stereo isn't really new. I sourced an awesome Blaupunkt CM84 Lexington with the 10-disc Changer, and then I got a pair of radical NOS in-the-box Blaupunkt DL4631 4x6's for the rear deck. Now I gotta decide on some front components to finish the 80's stereo makeover. Oh, and figure out how to put an aux-in into the CM84...

On the other topic though, what's so shitty? Anything I or the r3v can do to help?
                              Last edited by RainierHooker; 04-23-2011, 08:46 AM.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X