Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Island E30 picnic? (cross posted from Tristate forum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Island E30 picnic? (cross posted from Tristate forum)

I have been thinking about this for a while:

I would like to set up a meet/picnic type of event out here on Long Island this Summer. I am a board member of the Miller Place-Mt. Sinai Historical Society and we maintain a 300 year old house in Miller Place. We have had car shows there for the past three years in cooperation with LISRA and I think we have a great venue for a classic BMW/German car show. It would be low-key -- 25-30 cars would fit comfortably -- and we would want to charge an admission fee of $20-25 per car which would go to the Society (a 501(c)3 charity) for the preservation of the house. It could be a nice ride out, we are on north shore close to Cedar Beach, and the property is a beautiful place to sit, talk and show off cars. There is a deli next door and a nice Italian restaurant across the street. The new owner of the restaurant might be interested in partnering with the Society on events like this. Here is a link to pictures I took of our July 2011 show (not the greatest as they are phone pics) and LISRA has an album, too (click on the Miller Place link).

What do you think? This would be something low-key -- no revving engines, no blaring music, no donuts (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I guess the main question is: would car owners be willing to pay $20-$25 to do this?

Kelly Kirkland of Roundel suggested that I seek out you guys. Does this sound like a reasonable proposal for a small, low-key event?
    Mark
    88 325ic
    03 325i

Im a new member of the e30 community and would love to attend a meet up like this. Plus im sure I could find a good fishing spot on the drive back to nyc!
    I like cats.

Comment

What this space. It is being organized.
      Mark
      88 325ic
      03 325i

Comment

Long Island meet/picnic July 21, 2012

Cross-posted from the Tri-State forum:

This is happening:

I would like to set up a meet/picnic type of event out here on Long Island this Summer. I am a board member of the Miller Place-Mt. Sinai Historical Society and we maintain a 300 year old house in Miller Place. We have had car shows there for the past three years in cooperation with LISRA and I think we have a great venue for a classic BMW/German car show. It would be low-key -- 25-30 cars would fit comfortably -- and we will charge an admission fee of $20 per car which would go to the Society (a 501(c)3 charity) for the preservation of the house. It could be a nice ride out, we are on north shore close to Cedar Beach, and the property is a beautiful place to sit, talk and show off cars. There is a deli next door and a nice Italian restaurant across the street. The new owner of the restaurant might be interested in partnering with the Society on events like this. Here is a link to pictures I took of our July 2011 show (not the greatest as they are phone pics) and LISRA has an album, too (click on the Miller Place link).

This would be something low-key -- no revving engines, no blaring music, no donuts (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Reply or PM me for details/questions. Website and registration will be posted shortly.
        Mark
        88 325ic
        03 325i

Comment

Working...
        X