No announcement yet.

Official 6th Annual 2007 E30 Picnic Photo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lukas, that dashboard/speaker combo is part of StereoInstaller1 (Luke's) car. It's the beginnings of a full sound stage in his E30. He gave several of us a demonstration inside the car, and I can say with NO bullshit that it is THE most incredible sound system I have ever heard in a car. It is incredible.

Comment

Thanks, Josh!

Lukas, funny that you are the only one to even mention my car's looks...then you ask about the stereo.

The DB tuck was too much in my opinion, but it is bolted in place, as is the spoiler. Ain't going anywhere, ever.

As far as the speaker setup, I am sure it makes sense to everyone that speakers sound best when facing you. In much the same vein, speakers also sound best when in a cabinet. That chunk of sewer pipe is basically a method of providing a cabinet for the speaker (it does not care that it is ABS) and to position it so it is facing me. You can just barely see the tweeter is on top of the dash, also in a tiny little panel to make it look decent.

I finished the sound at about 2:30AM the day before I was supposed to go to the Picnic, so nothing got pretty, nothing got perfection tuning...basically, nothing got finished...but I had tunes.

I will be doing a full write-up on what I am doing when it is done. I can tell you this: I have never heard any car system with anywhere near the staging, clarity (especially in the midbass!) or detail this has. I am not trying to be big-headed, but damn, this thing sounds good!

In the wifes car, I am going to use fiberglass to mold boxes into the glovebox and underdash panel, to mount a 5" speaker in much the same way. Currently, I am planning on using stock E30 speakers in a wild install. We will see how it comes out!

Thanks again for the props!
      Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          I can say with NO bullshit that it is THE most incredible sound system I have ever heard in a car. It is incredible.
          +1 Luke gave me and my bud a demonstration, I was blown out of the water. It rattled our brains. :)
          :: PNW Crew ::
          '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

What rims are these? They look like WRD's. I cant stop jocking them. And no matter fucking what, Im going next year.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post
              Or maybe you were talking about the guy whos hand looks like he is fingering your fender gap? Dunno, they both seem closer to the camera and I thought his hand was in a speaking gesture, not a feelski mode.
              That's the one I'm talking about, not the guy standing up and pointing. While I do agree with James that fingering my wheel gap is minor, I've had people open doors and take a seat before as well... this is just an example I happen to come across in pictures ;)
              Chris
              90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                [img]
                What rims are these? They look like WRD's. I cant stop jocking them. And no matter fucking what, Im going next year.

Mariano
                Keskin KT4s
                Chris
                90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by lukasbmw View Post
                  More pics of the red E30 M3 in the background please!

have you looked through all the photos in these pages? ;)

I've got a few of the car, and I'm sure others do too.
                  -Joel-
                  PNWfahren Regional Car Enthusiast Community - my photos
                  1995 M3 || 2009 VW SportWagen TDI || 2004 530i sport

Comment

heres what i "snapped":hitler:

not in any particular order-

*********thats NOT a leak

************sweet

*****below is a car i really want to drive fast and hard

*** how rare are those wheels)_(*(**(**

all 6 of those (from green cabrio - inline) are from 1 family (thats enthusiasm )

3 pedal club
                    200,k+ club
                    cabrio club
                    port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Glad to see the daily that I built and sold last month made it to the picnic!
                      sigpic

Comment

Justin and I got nailed while driving our way back down into California... I think we took out the whole swarm!! Corning and Williams were really bad areas; I could barely see out the window. It literally sounded like light rain. The rest of the trip was pretty clear of splats. Just thought I would share these mmmtasty road-trip aftershots, tee hee.

you like my racing "flames"? super smurfy speedlines!
                        Last edited by clavinZERO; 05-23-2008, 02:09 AM. Reason: moo, pics moved

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                        HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                        **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Damn aren't you glad you put some tape on...shit! Love the pictures but I think I've seen every car that was there 4 times now. Still awesome.

Reminds me when I was driving back from Hell (Massachusetts) and I was near the power plant at exit 12 on the Jersey turnpike, it started raining green! When I pulled at a reststop, I found out it was just BUGS. Nasty shit.
                          Reminiscing...

Comment

That's a butt load of bug guts. Was that the reason for the custom paitners tape paint job?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by monty View Post
                              That's a butt load of bug guts. Was that the reason for the custom paitners tape paint job?
                              yup, pretty much. general road-trip protection really.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                              HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                              **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

that yellow car is repugnant.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                                1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                                1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Working...
                                X