Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro-Tour in an e30 Touring

Hey!

Wanted to put a general feeler out to see who is where in Europe. A buddy and I will be taking off on a 12-14 day road tour of Germany, Austria, Switzerland and possibly Italy starting June 18th starting in Warsaw, Poland.

I know that there are a few of you who are on deployment in Germany, some regular folks that are just working in Europe like I am and locals in all of these countries that are on this forum. Would be really nice to meet up with other e30 owners along the way, chat e30s and meet others that have the same e30 love.

First order of business for this trip is a b line to the Nurburgring. Any suggestion of places to stay? I have a couple recommendations from a buddy back in California, but always good to have a backup if that falls through. At the moment, I'm not sure if my car will be allow on the track due to some visible rust. Maybe one of you guys who have spent some time at the track can tell me? The rules for roadworthy vehicles in Poland are a bit different than in Germany. Finding a used OEM driver's side e30 fender is proving to be difficult. Can't justify purchasing a new OEM fender for this trip, but also don't want to be banned from driving the ring. Time is ticking...

Super amp'd on this trip and one that I've been wanting to do since I moved to Europe 8 years ago. Bummed I missed the Bavaria Tour 2016 for the '02s, but will make up for it with this once in a lifetime trip in my touring. My next gig/tour is in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. This trip needs to be epic.

Who's down to show some European e30 hospitality?

- Evan
    1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
    1990 BMW 327 Touring

if you make your way towards Bavaria, I can put you up in a queen for the night

polish roads....ha
    -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
    -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

We will be heading to Bavaria. Not exactly sure when, but around June 24th. Where abouts are you? I used to live in Augsburg & will be swinging by there too.
      1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
      1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

about 40km from Nuremburg. I also think I may have a fender for you from one of the cars at the skill center that we can get parts off of.

I won't be back from Poland until maaaaaybe the 24th
        -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

Rad if you might have a fender for me! Only bummer is that by the 24th I think we'll be in Austria by then.

You'll be in Poland? Where abouts? If you've driven here you know what the roads are like! The tarmac in Warsaw isn't too bad, but when I drove in Łodz a couple of weeks ago I had a much different experience.
          1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
          1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

I'm on mission here right now. Crossing over from Germany to Poland there was about a mile of the A9 that is absolutely terrible; my truck was getting shaken to death at 50kph
            -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

Ah mission status... Keep me in the loop.
              1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
              1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Finally got out of Warsaw, but with the standard choose your own adventure style issues that came up... Wiper arm got all jacked up and got loose some how. After looking at the base where the splines are, well, there are only two left. No surprising for a 26 year old car, but was alarming to find this out on the motorway at 135 km/hr with the arm getting stuck at the 12 o'clock position.

I just had my stuff packed out and all my tools with it so didn't have anything... Guess it's time to purchase a new set from Castorama, the BMW special of course. 268 PLN later, all good, but how long will it hold? We shall see. We cranked the shit out of the nut holding down the wiper arm and hopefully it'll last the duration of our road trip.

Tonight we are in Berlin at a Youth Hostel with parking. It's way outside, but was less expensive and had free parking. That's what I like!

We drove 568km today from Warsaw to get here. Tomorrow we have a rest day in Berlin and meeting an old friend to watch the Germany Euro-Cup game in her town of Neukolln.

Oh and if anyone in Germany has a good condition wiper lineage and arm that the splines aren't stripped, I'm all ears! It's the simple things :)

If anyone is near by let me know.

Heading to the ring the day after tomorrow!

Anyone have a suitable e30 to take to the ring that can meet us on Thursday June 23rd?

Evan

Tanked and almost ready

Finally leaving Warsaw in the rain. I'd say it's an appropriate send off.
                Last edited by evanc; 06-20-2016, 10:44 PM. Reason: Adding photos!
                1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Took some time away from R3vlimited due to a major move to Central Asia and leaving my touring behind in Warsaw. Nice the last posting, I've done two Euro Tours in Touring. I felt really lucky to do one, but amazingly stoked to do it a second time with one of my best friends. The photo below is in Switzerland just outside of Interlaken on the way to a small city on the Swiss/Austrian border. We met up with my buddy Davin that I used to run rallies with, in NorCal. He now lives in Germany and was about to sell his 1600. Super fun to have a rally buddy to rip all those dope Swiss passes with. I've got a ton of footage from both trips, but yet to even review it... Sorry. Rest assured that the sound of my straight pipes with a custom muffler sounded awesome echoing across the valleys! If I can get myself organized I'll post up more photos and video so you can experience it like I did. Really, for anyone who is into e30s, 2002s or the like, would have LOVED what we were so lucky to do. I live in Tashkent, Uzbekistan now and although there are e30s here, they are super beat and parts are expensive. I've been holding out not buying a vehicle but getting the itch and searching for an early LADA Wagon! Thanks for reading.

Now that photo bucket is charging, I need to find another photo host. Posting photos soon.
                  1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                  1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Working...
                  X