No announcement yet.

DIY.BBQ Meet (Maryland)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate promising that Ill be at these events because something ALWAYS manages to come up, but I'll certainly try..

Things to do:
    Oil
    Oil Filter
    Air Filter
    Spark Plugs

Comment

Originally posted by EightiesBaby View Post
      I hate promising that Ill be at these events because something ALWAYS manages to come up, but I'll certainly try..

Things to do:
      Oil
      Oil Filter
      Air Filter
      Spark Plugs

If you do your oil change here, you better bring you own drain pan and holder bottle. Cause mine is cracked... but seriously, you could do all that in 30 min.

Comment

Originally posted by ieatpeople View Post
        i can bring my 5er, and we can change my crazy spark plugs. although i might want to do that at my house, in case the problem is major.

also have all new radiator hoses to put on (upper, lower, and bypass)

hey yun, pm me your addy, and whens a good time to show up?
        pmed. if you want to show up pm me. remember this is my day to work on the cars, and I'll be happy to give you a hand or you give me a hand when I need it.

its not a hand holding day. I got stuff I gotta do on my own ride.

Comment

Question guys:

Does anyone have or know about a dealership hookup here in MD?

I cant find the Bosch Supers ANYWHERE!
          Last edited by EightiesBaby; 06-12-2009, 06:13 AM.

Comment

they sell them at advance auto
            Originally posted by BillBrasky
            That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
            Originally posted by acolella76
            i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
            2007 CVPI, stock and slow
            1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
            1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
            Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

nope I checked, all of the ones within 30 miles are sold out. Manager said they havent stocked these in a while. Would like to find these ASAP without having to order through the internutz

Comment

go to tischerbmw

getbmwparts.com

you get hte best price anyone can give you.

get the sparks from bavauto. They are cheap on there.

Comment

thanks guys, looks like Ill be getting them from olympic in CP, ill let you know how it goes

Comment

sooooo.. Let's just say that I had a rear plastic bumper that I needed to sell.
                    If I came up, would anyone take it off my hands for a decent price?

Red, decent, shocks and brackets included.
                    Off hand, I don't know what the market is, but I can probably beat it. Not trying to GIVE it away, though.
                    Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post
                      sooooo.. Let's just say that I had a rear plastic bumper that I needed to sell.
                      If I came up, would anyone take it off my hands for a decent price?

Red, decent, shocks and brackets included.
                      Off hand, I don't know what the market is, but I can probably beat it. Not trying to GIVE it away, though.
                      rear plastics are worth much less than fronts. 1.) because early model have to mod the bumper to fit if it tries to retrofit it. 2.) most people are lazy and keep the diving board on the rear so fronts get sold fast. and rears are blah.

Comment

post it up on the forum there has to be someone with an 88 that wants a plastic bumper swap. prob get atleast 100 for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcDave View Post
                          post it up on the forum there has to be someone with an 88 that wants a plastic bumper swap. prob get atleast 100 for it.
                          That'd be great. $100 was what I was thinking. I'm not shipping, but I might be convinced to deliver, or meet halfway...
                          Slicktop City!

Comment

Brief Update, I was able to pick up the plugs at Olympic Auto Parts in CP/ Berwyn Heights (301-474-1030). Joe was very familiar with my car as well as the shops project '75 2002. All in a days work!

Comment

how much was it, thats like 2 min from my house?

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
                                how much was it, thats like 2 min from my house?
                                2.70 a plug. Sure beats 12.00 from Tischer although im not sure what kind of plug the salesman was looking up

Comment

Working...
                                X