X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has a little split in the top of it.
    89 325i parts car
    90 325i in progress
    ground control 400f 700r-koni adjustables-koni adjustable sways-reinforced control arms-ground control camber plates-e36 cabrio shock mounts-4.10 lsd-5 speed swap in the works
    --tryng to join the schwarz army one day at a time--sigpic

Comment

jeff you are ready for your swap?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
        that's fine if it's not perfect, I'm going to be re painting and fixing it anyways. What's wrong with it, paint? cracks? I just need the bumper, trim and shocks.
        I have front bumper shocks. I'll bring them. No plastic bumper though.

Yun- funny with the pedophile thing. When I was 20 and down there we actually IDed girls to make sure we weren't going to get arrested or something. lol.

Comment

Who's trying to do an m50 and auto to manual swap during the meet....anyone

Powered By Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Mde36 View Post
            Who's trying to do an m50 and auto to manual swap during the meet....anyone
            I'm not committed to that, but I'll watch and add my worthless 2 cents from time to time. Are the tools available for a project of that magnitude?

Comment

I have the engine for anyone who wants it. From my old e36. $500 you pull it! 102k on the clock, ran great!

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcDave View Post
                Can you bring them just in case. I'm looking to get both my plastics started at the meet. I'm also going to be getting a rear valance. Does anyone know how to weld really well? I don't mean tig welding, I want something stronger for this.

Originally posted by brn2ply7 View Post
                It has a little split in the top of it.
                That's perfectly fine, I'll fix it, bring it with you and we'll figure out payment, hopefully I have some stuff to trade but I have cash as well.

Drew are you coming to the meet?

Just realized the link to the map didn't work here's a working one:

7700 Edmonston Rd, Berwyn Heights, MD 20740 ----- aka Brody's House
                Last edited by TexasTerp; 06-01-2009, 11:54 AM.
                stephenbrody.com

Comment

texas terp - yes I'll bring the shocks.

Other things I have that are readily available. I think I have some good control arms. I have to check the inner ball joints. They are pretty new, but I may have fucked the ball joints upon removal didn't check.

I have front strut assemblies also. Brake booster could probably make the trip also. I have a 3.73 lsd, but I don't have means to remove that at the moment.

Comment

Yun- funny with the pedophile thing. When I was 20 and down there we actually IDed girls to make sure we weren't going to get arrested or something. lol.
                    yea but they all have fake id to say they are 18. I mean I went to Daytona one year... these girsl were like 15... they all had 18 year old ids. Yes they were posing as sexual predators. haha ironically I was 20 then as well.

Comment

yo Mde36 im willing to help you with your swap. just make sure you have EVERYTHING. you have to have everything or you will get screwed. royally. contact me with your entire parts list so we can make sure you have everything. the swap can be done in a day if you are extremely focused, have all the tools and a lot of help.

my swap took me MONTHS. litterally. and i learned everything about the swap the hard way. anything that can go wrong with it went wrong with mine so i think im pretty good with troubleshooting.

but if you want to do it at the bbq be prepared to maybe have to leave the car because there is always a chance something could go wrong.

Comment

i want to come, but i might be putting a motor in my other car.

hope to see you guys anyhow.
                        Originally posted by BillBrasky
                        That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
                        Originally posted by acolella76
                        i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
                        2007 CVPI, stock and slow
                        1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
                        1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
                        Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

The swap should probably be performed at the swapers house incase these unknown problems occur. Perhaps the host could chime and let us know if its okay to undertake a project of this magnitude at his house. I'd be cool with lending a hand where applicable.

Comment

ah fuck me...another weekend of mandatory overtime. Next one

Comment

The swap should probably be performed at the swapers house incase these unknown problems occur. Perhaps the host could chime and let us know if its okay to undertake a project of this magnitude at his house. I'd be cool with lending a hand where applicable.
                              engine swap is not something to undertake at the bbq. one the cherry picker is at another house and not at brody's and I ahve no way of transporting it in my e30. two, there is not enough preperation to make certain all the aprts are ready and or any replacement parts that may be possible if there are any issues.

I would say small to medium work shoudl be done at bbq. small ~ light maintenance, diagnosis etc medium ~ timing belt change, interior work, radio install etc.

Comment

First of all, after reading again through the thread there is no apparent claim that anyone was actually asking to perform a swap. Brandan (MrHinton) asked if Jeff was ready, Jeff said he wasn't committed and not interested at the moment. MDe36 asked who wanted to do the swap, Brandan thought that meant Mde36 was wanting to.

So correct me if I'm wrong but NO ONE stated they actually wanted to do the swap this weekend.

Either way, I agree with Yun on this, we don't have all of the correct tools, there isn't enough time for planning and there is no way in hell I'm gonna let anyone do a half ass job on a swap.
                                Last edited by TexasTerp; 06-01-2009, 03:47 PM.
                                stephenbrody.com

Comment

Working...
                                X