F/S: M50 complete engine and Auto Trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F/S: M50 complete engine and Auto Trans

I just pulled my M50 engine (vanos) and trans from my old e36 yesterday and have it for sale now. The car was a 1994 325i.

Important details:
    102k on the clock
    Oil changed every 3000 to 5000 miles.
    Ran great since I have owned it.

My family got the car with 40 thousands miles on it with a bad auto transmission. We had a rebuilt transmission put into the car, so the trans has about 62k on it right now.

I checked the oil after 8 months of sitting in the car, and the oil level is still past the full mark - it leaks no oil.

I am asking $650 for the engine and $250 for the trans, but I will sell the unit together for $850.

Engine comes with most accessories: The only thing no longer connected is the intake boot/MAF/intake.

I am open to offers but I won't respond to offers less than 500 for the engine. Worst comes to worst, I will just keep it as a spare for my e30.

The engine and trans are in Kensington, MD.
    Last edited by trackbball21; 07-06-2009, 05:10 PM. Reason: more info.

Bump, saw this on CL yesterday

Comment

I am going to get pictures this weekend. I'm open to offers! I'll probably throw the harness in with everything if someone takes both tranny and motor.

Comment

bump, open to all offers.

Comment

damn, if only i knew how to do an engine swap =(
          Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

There are plenty of people around to help! All you need is the engine if you already have a 5 speed!
            Edit: plus the other swap parts

Comment

Actually, if this is still for sale toward the end of the summer ill probably take it. Two questions though:

1.) Have you done any compression tests?
              2.) When you say you sat in the car for 8 months and it leaked no oil? Exactly what does that mean lol

In any case a m50/s50 is something I really want to do, and you're right plenty of people love doing this. Good news is I already have a 944 booster =p
              Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

1) No, not yet. I totaled my old car in October of 2008. Complete front end was untouched. You can take a look at the car itself, as it's still sitting at my dad's work. I'm sure the compression on this engine is great. If I can get a chance, I can try to get numbers soon.

2) Basically I left the car at my dads work, had it towed there after my crash. Didn't get a chance to pull the engine until a couple of weeks ago. I've been to the car numerous times to pull little parts here and there, and never have I seen it leaking anything, and I checked the oil when I pulled it and it was still above the high mark. When I was driving the car, it never burned any oil and I did change the oil every 3000 to 5000 miles and it was never low when I changed it, i.e. did not burn oil. Basically the engine was bulletproof when it was in my car.

Most likely it will still be for sale, as I'm not hard pressed to sell it. I don't need the money, but wouldn't mind having the extra cash. I know I could always lend a hand. Brandan (MrHinton) almost got through his swap and is much more knowledgable than when he started. He's right down ion DC.

Getting the engine in is simple, hardest part is wiring and hoses but they are easy if you just label everything when you are pulling your m20

Comment

Motor Sold! I still have the wiring harness and the automatic transmission for sale.

Comment

Working...
                  X