No announcement yet.

DIY/BBQ Meet X2_2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to put together a DIY/BBQ meet before the Chapterfest meet in September so we can get everyone's car ready for the BMW CCA fest. Just stay tuned, I want to see what I can put together to get more of the nearly 40 people on here out to a big meet.

Originally posted by ieatpeople View Post
    back to brodys house we go.....
    at a new house, right down the street from yun. kinda sad, but rent is cheaper and the house is nicer. I lost the garage though.

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
    yea hes not there anymore. He moved to two blocks from my place down the road. I "could" host next time. but we'll see
    there's no room on your street. the three of us barely fit on that street. I have a few ideas for parks an such near the house that would actually be a good fit. I've also got a few other places in mind which would be better for a DIY, we'll discuss more when I get back.

Originally posted by Mde36 View Post
    I need somewhere to get my car inspected. The only reason I failed was my exhaust wasn't stock. Does anyone kno where to find a stock e36 (yes e36) exhaust or know someone who won't be so anal about my exhaust? I need to get back on the road asap.
    Check Craigslist, I've seen a few people parting out e36s in the area. Bimmerforums may be a decent place too.
    stephenbrody.com

Comment

you should be able to pass even if its custom as long as you have a cat
      e30s r kool

Comment

Originally posted by vivalegreg View Post
        you should be able to pass even if its custom as long as you have a cat
        not if its too loud to be street legal. They can pull the decibel meter and deny you of a pass of inspection.

Comment

Possibly jeff and I could host the next one since we're just south of Annapolis right on route 214. Plenty of driveway and street space plus garage space for two if we clean up before the gathering.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
            there's no room on your street. the three of us barely fit on that street. I have a few ideas for parks an such near the house that would actually be a good fit. I've also got a few other places in mind which would be better for a DIY, we'll discuss more when I get back.
            that and I'm one of the few that actually owns thier own house... I'm not exactly too easy for people I dont know just showing up at my place. some e30 drivers are shady...

Comment

not if its too loud to be street legal. They can pull the decibel meter and deny you of a pass of inspection.
              I asked him to pull out the decibel meter but he said and I quote "whats the point, I said it was to loud so its to loud." I would ask for opinions but the only other person who has heard my exhaust is you.

Powered By Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Mde36 View Post
                I asked him to pull out the decibel meter but he said and I quote "whats the point, I said it was to loud so its to loud." I would ask for opinions but the only other person who has heard my exhaust is you.
                the determination to pass inspection is rather stringent, and they can always screw you if its not stock. They dont have to pass any car that is not stock. Granted, if you put everythign on after you get inspection it doesnt matter, as md has lifetime inspection.

I would go to get it from the crazyray on route 1. give me a ring if you still dotn have it resolve by next week, I'll head up there with you if need be.

Comment

Just wanted to say that it was so AWESOME to meet all of you that attended!! I had such a great time, and it was nice to talk to some real e30 heads for once lol I'm lovin the pics, but still waiting for Jeff to post his up,, we GOTTA do this again soon, but it sounds like the VA guys want us to come to them next time,, they drove to us, so I'm cool drivin there :)
                  Project e30 m3 starts now..... :D

Comment

So anybody gonna get on Jeff and tell him to put up those pictures?
                    I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                    2875-C Towerview Road
                    Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

no thanks, i'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
                        So anybody gonna get on Jeff and tell him to put up those pictures?
                        You are FAR too impatient.

Comment

Originally posted by ShesRockinAdurty30 View Post
                          You are FAR too impatient.
                          you girls do things too slow! hurry it up jeff put it up!!!!

Comment

you girls do things too slow! hurry it up jeff put it up!!!!
                            US GIRLS? I'm pretty sure it was US girls who posted pictures first. :p

Comment

Originally posted by ShesRockinAdurty30 View Post
                              US GIRLS? I'm pretty sure it was US girls who posted pictures first. :p
                              I got owned.... :roll:

Comment

lol. To be fair, jeff is being lazy/busy. I know he has all the pictures off the camera and on his computer. (he had to borrow my card reader to do so)

Comment

Working...
                                X