Weekly Meet in College Park Starbucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
    Damn, what time do you guys get off work?

I normally get off around 6-6:30pm, come home from DC by about 7:30-8. FML!
    Viet and I as well. This meet is hard because everyone leaves so early... the one in Fairlakes usually goes till about 10. I think we should tentatively schedule food/eating at 8:30ish. If you don't want to eat, than so be it... but it seems like a lot of people are more in the later time frame than the earlier one.

Comment

so we should go to hard tymes at like 830ish?
      e30s r kool

Comment

Originally posted by vivalegreg View Post
        so we should go to hard tymes at like 830ish?
        The people who want to... definitely. It's hard for us to get out there any earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by ShesRockinAdurty30 View Post
          but it seems like a lot of people are more in the later time frame than the earlier one.
          that statement could not be farther from the truth. hahaha

If we really starts to count heads, the people that show up on time are also the people that show up every week.

But thats irrelevant. The point is, there are two groups, ones that shows up on time will go get something to eat earlier and the later group will just join us when they get here. It not a big deal.

But lets just make sure we are all going to hard times and that as people come in, they know where to go.

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
            that statement could not be farther from the truth. hahaha

If we really starts to count heads, the people that show up on time are also the people that show up every week.

But thats irrelevant. The point is, there are two groups, ones that shows up on time will go get something to eat earlier and the later group will just join us when they get here. It not a big deal.

But lets just make sure we are all going to hard times and that as people come in, they know where to go.
            I don't know that I'd go as far as saying "that statement could not be farther from the truth"... I exaggerated, yeah, but I believe that there are a fair amount of people on either end.

As far as "on time".... we drive from NoVa and leaving at/around 6 we're stuck in traffic, all be it not your fault, nor ours... it's something we'd like to participate in, and we WOULD be more consistent, if everyone didn't leave so early. When we leave at 6:30-7 we're not getting there till 8-8:30 and everyone is getting ready to dip out. Maybe it's something that we just can't participate in.... it's just painful traveling an hour+ to sit/hangout for all of 30 minutes. No?

Comment

Originally posted by ShesRockinAdurty30 View Post
              I don't know that I'd go as far as saying "that statement could not be farther from the truth"... I exaggerated, yeah, but I believe that there are a fair amount of people on either end.

As far as "on time".... we drive from NoVa and leaving at/around 6 we're stuck in traffic, all be it not your fault, nor ours... it's something we'd like to participate in, and we WOULD be more consistent, if everyone didn't leave so early. When we leave at 6:30-7 we're not getting there till 8-8:30 and everyone is getting ready to dip out. Maybe it's something that we just can't participate in.... it's just painful traveling an hour+ to sit/hangout for all of 30 minutes. No?
              I agree, and as I admire your dedication and tenacity (and Viets), like you said it isn't anyone's fault. Nor is anyone expected to be "on time". The truth is, if it were me, I wouldn't drive for an hour + to sit for 30 min. I give you that. In days like today, I'm sure the traffic would be more than horrendous coming from VA. It would without a doubt be 1+ hour if not 2. The other thing is, we aren't really that consistent in how long we stay either. Some times its earlier and sometimes we hang out till 10ish. Last time we were there till 10ish. But as it gets later, everything closes. Starbucks use to close at 11ish and everyone sticks around. But those nice days are gone... :(

Comment

ill try my best to be there, weather permitting. i dont like long drives at night in the rain with the e30. im down with going somewhere to eat. any other ideas besides hard times? their food is bleh...id rather eat fast food.

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenSolid View Post
                  ill try my best to be there, weather permitting. i dont like long drives at night in the rain with the e30. im down with going somewhere to eat. any other ideas besides hard times? their food is bleh...id rather eat fast food.
                  totally agree, I was jut going along with other people, but yea, I dont like hard times much at all.

Comment

well...i plan on being there around 8 so hopefully we can all figure something out!
                    e30s r kool

Comment

(first post from my new laptop!!)

i am down for food, lets make sure we can get a big enough table so everyone will be comfortable.
                      Originally posted by BillBrasky
                      That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
                      Originally posted by acolella76
                      i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
                      2007 CVPI, stock and slow
                      1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
                      1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
                      Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

Originally posted by ieatpeople View Post
                        (first post from my new laptop!!)

i am down for food, lets make sure we can get a big enough table so everyone will be comfortable.
                        nioce what did you get?

Comment

i'm hungry. see you guys soon and drive safely everyone!

Comment

Great meet guys todays attendance

Anch
                            Yun
                            Brody
                            Austin
                            Greg + Joanna
                            Jeff + gf
                            Adam
                            Amit + Kent
                            Amol

Comment

gotta thank brody for the Hella H-4's, put em in saturday. light output is great in the dry, but still not so great in the wet.

so i ordered h4 hi-lo 55w 5000k hids.
                              can't wait for them to get here!!!
                              Originally posted by BillBrasky
                              That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
                              Originally posted by acolella76
                              i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
                              2007 CVPI, stock and slow
                              1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
                              1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
                              Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

you really would have been better off with 35w 4500k HIDs. that's what i have and they work lots better.

also, i'm going to kick your ass if you dont adjust them correctly. no jk

Comment

Working...
                                X