Car Broken Into - Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Broken Into - Story

So I went and parked my car at greenbelt park tonight. Me and my brother pull up to the entrance on Good Luck road, across from Parkdale high school and got ready for our run. About a minute later, a dark and very large SUV pulls up. It was either a Honda, Toyota or Chevy. Although I'm pretty confident that it was a Honda. A white male about 30-35 years of age, bald, and about 5'8" tall and 190 pounds (he's somewhat heavy) gets out and walks over to the trash can. He doesn't do anything, and seems to be kind of looking at us out of the corner of his eye. Mind you, he pulled in Right after us.

After about 30 seconds, he asks us about the trail and a good run. I tell him its a good 6 mile loop, and he proceeds to tell me :good, so I can get a good 5 mile run in then." I didn't think of it much at the time, but this guy running 5 miles AND it's 95 degrees outside? He might have a freaking heart attack!!

So my brother and me go for our run. We went 12 miles. Come back, and I notice my brother just opens his door....I always, and I mean always, lock my car, no matter what. So I say to myself, well maybe I didn't lock it, but I remember locking it. We get in the car and I notice that the button that locks the ability to put windows up and down was depressed, so I couldn't roll down my windows. Now i'm starting to wonder what is up. The wierd thing is, Nothing is missing. But then I grab my wallet. My credit and debit cards are gone! Nothing else though. He didn't touch my IPOD or cell phone or anything.

So I call the credit card company immediately. Well my credit card was untouched, but my debit card had some pretty big purchases already. Apparently a fraud alert was put on my card by the third transaction and it was temp. blocked. Thank god...

So here is the time line of where the dumb fuck went:
    6:59 - 7-11 across from the Best western on route 1, bought $28 bucks worth of stuff.
    7:45 - he decided to drive to Silver spring to go to Target. He bought something for $512.
    7:59 - He tries to go back and spend another $467 dollars at the same target. Luckily, my card rejected this charge!

So I called the park police, took my car over. they got like one finger print, but it was prob. my brothers. Also I gave them a pretty good description of the guy. It has to be him because of his body motions/way he was acting. And the fact that I pulled into Greenbelt at 6:45 and my card was used at 6:59 - Not to mention that if he were running 5 miles, most likely I would have finished my 12 before he was done, and I would have seen him on the trail..

I'm not even mad about the money. I know I'll get that back. I'm mad because the fucking asshole messed up my passenger lock, so I have to play with the locks for 10 minutes in order for my car to actually lock. I have a 2 foot crowbar in my trunk too. So if I ever see him around College Park/Greenbelt. He won't have much of a car left to drive.

Also this is to everyone to lock your shit in the trunk!!! It seems to be the safest place. I guess the guy used some sort of shimmy. Now I need to get a car alarm and fix my damn locks!

I'm done ranting now, but if anyone sees a 30 year old stocky bald man driving a black SUV with stock wheels, pulling into parks with only a car or two, get his license plate!!! He has been doing this for some time the police said, and I have been the only one to get a description.
    Last edited by trackbball21; 08-17-2009, 09:44 AM. Reason: Grammar

our cars are such cake to open, it's not even funny. unless you double lock your car, then they are a PITA and wont open without your key, but from the sounds of it, your driver's lock doesnt work. maybe this is a good incentive to get your double locking working or just get in a habit to do it.

I'll keep an eye out though. I drive around a lot in that area. just a thought though, you should go looking at pictures of the various SUVs so you can give us a better idea of what truck it is, what model, and about what year.

also, wtf are you doing leaving all that stuff in your car where it can be found easy? I know you're running but you should have at least locked it in your glove box or trunk. never leave that stuff where it can be an easy grab.

Comment

drew man... lock that shit in your trunk. He probably knew exactly wehre to go to take your stuff because he saw you get out of hte car and all. if i ever go to the park, I always make sure where I park my car there is a bunch of people around bbqing or doing something. I never park lonely in the middle of no where with one other car.

Black SUV, Bald guy, white, 30ish

You know he still got away with 500 bucks regardless even if you are oging to get it back. That really fucked up. I'll keep my eyes open at target with someone packing a shit load of stuff to buy.

Comment

Damn Drew, that sucks, I agree with Adam and Yun, You should never be leaving stuff like that in plain sight, even if it's in a map pocket. I always lock my stuff in the glove box. I'm looking into the same car alarm system that Yun has, I think it's like 250 or so but a great investment.
        stephenbrody.com

Comment

Yeah, my car doesn't double lock and there are usually people around that entrance most of the time. I've been parking there for a couple years now, either me or my friends, so I never thought much of it.

I never leave my stuff in plain sight, but your right, map pocket should be no go, even if I did have a bunch of papers on top of it, blocking it from view. I think the guy pulled in so fast after me that he was watching me where I put all my stuff and I didn't even know.

I am definitely getting a damn good alarm system now. The guy's been doing this for a while now, and hopefully if they can atleast get footage of him from the 7-11, then they can send it to other parks and get his picture out. Who knows, when the police finally catch up with him in 2 years, maybe I'll get my locks paid for...that's being a little optimistic though.

Comment

Hey I'm not that heavy plus I shave my head ...in not really bald.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
              Hey I'm not that heavy plus I shave my head ...in not really bald.
              haha.

Comment

Damn sucks dude.
                I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                2875-C Towerview Road
                Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Good Luck Road. Irony?

Comment

Originally posted by ShesRockinAdurty30 View Post
                    Good Luck Road. Irony?
                    hahaha, I was way to busy being mad that I didn't realize that. That's actually really ironic, lol.

Comment

i don't know about you drew, but since i'm a girl (usually running by myself), whenever i go to that park and see a sketch ball trying to talk to me i dip out... fast

sorry about the car locks :( i'll keep my eyes open for ya

Comment

sorry to hear, thats fucked up
                        its literally down the street from me. i'll keep an eye out.

what's this double locking btw?

Comment

Put the key in the drivers door. Lock the door, and turn a bit more and pull the key out so you turned the lock 90ยบ
                          I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                          2875-C Towerview Road
                          Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

I've had cars broken into twice so far (both VWs). Nothing like returning to the car & realize that something isn't quite right. I felt so violated. First time there was nothing--NOTHING--in the car that could be taken. Still went through my glove box. And I had to spend a day vacuuming glass & installing a new window. Second time I had a subtle little system stolen. Nothing big, but it still sounded decent. I lost two windows on that one.

I feel for you.

Comment

Oh no, not the blue meaney!! I had the window busted out of mine when I lived in security blvd. Thats a terrible feeling.
                              Old and improved:

Comment

Working...
                              X