X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Annual Barbecue at Brody's - March 28th

****** EVENT MOVED TO APRIL 11TH *******

Hey everyone,

tonight at the weekly meet we discussed the fate of the Barbecue at Brody's Event on Sunday. We are moving the event to April 11th which is two weeks from Sunday. I know that Next week is Easter and A lot of people generally have plans. This sunday is gonna be overcast and cold and not very good for a meet and photoshoot, so we decided to move it.

On the bright side, for anyone who still wants to come out this Sunday we will be having a get together at Yun's house at 1:00pm. Everyone is welcome, well be firing up the grill at 1 and hanging out drinkin beer. I know the everyone who came tonight is already coming.

I will sending out at mass PM to everyone tomorrow just to make sure we get the word out. Give me a call at 281-830-8805 if you have any questions or need driving directions.

****** EVENT MOVED TO APRIL 11TH *******

******** UPDATED 3/21 - NEW PARK VENUE AND TIMES ********

Last Spring I held a barbecue meet at my old house and we had a great turnout of about 10-15 cars. This year I'm hoping we can get more of the PA and VA guys out here. We also have a bunch of MD newcomers so I'd like to see 20 cars this year!! I live on the corner so we'll have enough parking on the corner as well as on the other side of the street. I'm right off of Route 1 and 495 so it's really easy to get down to my house. There are two parks nearby that we can head down to and take pics at like last year!

I'll have burgers, hot dogs and stuffed jalapenos going on the grill, feel free to bring whatever you want to throw on there as well. If some people can bring extra stuff like chips and drinks that would be a huge help (just like last year). Sadly I don't have a driveway or garage at the new house so DIY is limited to little things we can do on the side of the street (e36 switches, headlights, interior work, etc etc.)

When: Sunday March 28th
    Where: Greenbelt Park on 193 between 201 Kenilworth Ave and 495
    What: BBQ and e30 meet
    Time: 11:00 - 3:00 -- BBQ and Games
    3:00 - 4:30 -- Photo shoot
    5:00 - ??? -- Beer and stuff at the house
    Rain-Date: April 4th
    Details: BYOB, some food provided, primarily an e30 meet but all old bmws welcome (obviously).

Google Maps Link

Photos from last years BBQ:

Last edited by TexasTerp; 03-26-2010, 06:32 PM.
    stephenbrody.com

are e36's allowed? if so i will try to talk my friend and bro to come up and get to meet some of you guys.

Comment

e36s are fine, mine will be there and probably two of my e36 friends as well.
      stephenbrody.com

Comment

where's the dyno going to be?
        I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
        2875-C Towerview Road
        Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

I plan to be there... now which car do I bring?
          Slicktop City!

Comment

Brodeo
            Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

We going to have to organize better with food.

Comment

we're having a brodeo? lol.
                I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Delta Auto Care
                2875-C Towerview Road
                Herndon, VA

Comment

Rodeo on brody?

Sucks that this day is the first autox. But I think it works out because I get to run in the morning, so I'll be there 1ish.

Is there a way to get there that avoids the speed bumps?
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Haha, brodeo, I actually haven't heard that one before!

Adam, bring the copper e30, I want to see it!!! And besides, even though I'm allowing e36s and e28s if you own an e30 and don't bring it I will make you leave ashamed of your actions and banned from the e30 group forever

Jeff, there's no real way to get around the speed bumps, they're everywhere.

So let's get the roll call going:

1. Brody
                    2. Yun
                    3. Fannman & Friends
                    4. Jeff
                    5. Adam (lds)
                    6. Tbolt ?? definite yes ??
                    7. Viet ?? definite yes ??
                    stephenbrody.com

Comment

What? speed bumps?

No one said anything about speed bumps...

(sigh)

btw: I'll try to bring the copper one, but I have to tell you, if it arrives, it will be about half copper and half harlequin. No more poke or stretch, either. I know I'm not going to be able to redo the paint on the new stuff I'm replacing by then. (euros w/valence, unrusty sunroof, etc)

edit: make me an assignment for food. I'll come through on that, at least.
                      Slicktop City!

Comment

weak. if i go, i cant bring my e30 because of the speedbumps.

Delta Auto Care
                        2875-C Towerview Road
                        Herndon, VA

Comment

Jeff, if you take road island avenue, you may be able to avoid all the speed bumps. Make a right onto rhode island from greenbelt road, then make that left onto edgewood road. You'll at least get to the 7-11 without getting a speed bump (I think).

Comment

Throw me on the list as a maybe... Depends on if I have something major to wreck on that day....

Laters,
                            Jules
                            Last edited by t13vom; 03-07-2010, 03:32 PM. Reason: Got sign my stuff!!!

Comment

Yun and I were talking logistics today and we may end up switching it to his place to avoid speed bumps and he has a better seating setup. We have to really exam the parking situation over there, he has the spots but the overall space is cramped.

Adam I'm putting you on Drink Duty. So 2L bottles of Dr. Pepper, Sprite, and some Juices will be perfect!

Julian I'd love to see that M3 out again!

1. Brody - Burgers, Hot Dogs, Jalapenos, Grill Duty
                              2. Yun - Ninja Duty
                              3. Fannman & Friends
                              4. Jeff - Loud as fuck S50 Duty
                              5. Adam (lds) - Drink Duty (Dr.Pepper, Sprite, Juice)
                              6. Tbolt ?? maybe??
                              7. Viet ?? maybe ??
                              8. Drew ?? maybe??
                              9. Julian ?? maybe??
                              stephenbrody.com

Comment

Working...
                              X