Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOVA e30's?

Where yall at?!

im in centreville currently putting a m50 in my e30..looking to have it on the road soon.. once its up and running i hope to just track it at summit and any other close drift events..
    Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

I'm in Chantilly, off Rt50 just south of Dulles. If you need some help or just someone to gawk at your work let me know.

My m20 leaks oil out of pretty much everywhere so I'm considering a swap at some point, runs fine for now but something needs to be done. Haven't decided if it's worth doing a rebuild on my current engine or picking up something else.

Comment

ive got a box of brand new m20 parts..galore..ill go thru it and see what i got some might be useful to ya..and ill let em go for cheap as i got em with the car!

Comment

im in lorton
        #Treadlifematters

Comment

alexandria here

Comment

Originally posted by Dolmangar View Post
            I'm in Chantilly, off Rt50 just south of Dulles. If you need some help or just someone to gawk at your work let me know.

My m20 leaks oil out of pretty much everywhere so I'm considering a swap at some point, runs fine for now but something needs to be done. Haven't decided if it's worth doing a rebuild on my current engine or picking up something else.
            If you decide to rebuild, check out Tyson's Machine Shop. This guy did all the work on my m20 and he is a true perfectionist. He does get pretty busy though so don't expect it to be done very quickly (mine took 2 months, balancing and blueprinting).

Comment

I'm also up in NOVA (sort of). I go to school in Norfolk but I come up to work during the summer. Live in Vienna driving a Schwarz '88 325is with a freshly rebuilt m20 in it.

Comment

Originally posted by buguhrich View Post
                If you decide to rebuild, check out Tyson's Machine Shop. This guy did all the work on my m20 and he is a true perfectionist. He does get pretty busy though so don't expect it to be done very quickly (mine took 2 months, balancing and blueprinting).
                I'm trying to decide on the correct balance of saving money by doing it myself, VS the simplicity of dropping the car off somewhere and picking it up later with a refreshed engine.

To pull it myself I'd need to rent or buy a hoist and spend a weekend planning and doing it. It would be my first engine removal but based on what I've seen here it doesn't appear to be to difficult. I expect that if I put the call out for assistance I could find a number of people who would be happy to show up.

The other dilemma is where to stop with the project. I know that if I spend to much time and money on small things, it's probably wasted since I'm sure that it would use plenty of work. It's probably in need of a timing belt, and the valve cover leaks, and the oil drain is stripped etc. SO I could do all of those things with it in the car. But it also has a leak somewhere in the back and probably should have a new head gasket etc. Once you've gone that far you might as well pull it so you don't go insane trying to pull it apart in the car.

THEN, once you've got the damn thing out, you might as well.......

I don't have the experience or tools to handle the rebuild myself in any sort of reasonable time. So that means for just a bit more money I could just have someone else do the work.

Anyone have an idea what it would cost to have the engine pulled and refreshed (seals, gaskets, timing belt, valves etc) done? I'd have to check but I think the internals are probably ok so it wouldn't need a full rebuild. The engine doesn't have a ton of miles on it.

The other option would be to find another engine and spend the time cleaning that one up and then do the swap. Then I could clean up the original engine and sell it off.

Thoughts?

Comment

Burke here
                  Originally posted by jasonsnoddy
                  I don't always drift, but when I do, I prefer ford fiestas

Comment

Arlington here. We've def got enough people for a solid meet.
                    1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
                    1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
                    1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

oakton/vienna/herndon area here... car still isnt driving, but damnit i hope it is by summer
                      http://l0st0n3.mybrute.com
                      http://l0st-0n3.mybrute.com
                      Work in progress: 1991 318i m50 swap

Feedback thread :up:

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                      I prefer having a female in the car at all times. They generally smell good, but you do have to put up with that hole in their face.

Comment

What part of Centreville are you in? Im right off Stone and Poplar Tree.

BTW, I've been seeing 2 red e30s. Slammed. 1 with widened steelies and time attack lip. Anybody? and yes I know who Yusof is lol.
                        I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                        2875-C Towerview Road
                        Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by gofredo50 View Post
                          Arlington here. We've def got enough people for a solid meet.
                          Sure seems that way. Once we get through this cold wet weather we should pick a day for a coffee run, or meet.

Comment

braddock and carlbern behind stone middle school...but the cars in manassas as i build it lol

you might see my lil bro running around..red 240sx sr wapped..hes helping me with the car

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
                            What part of Centreville are you in? Im right off Stone and Poplar Tree.

BTW, I've been seeing 2 red e30s. Slammed. 1 with widened steelies and time attack lip. Anybody? and yes I know who Yusof is lol.

Comment

I'm in fairfax. If you see any cars with "free hugs" on the window, it's one of my guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X