Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with M42 in NOVA

Hello,

I need help with troubleshooting my m42 idle/stalling problem. I think I have a faulty ICV and/or AFM. I have been reading all over (r3v and m42club) trying to figure out exactly what is wrong with my car.

I need some one with good running m42 to just test my ICV and AFM, i.e. let me swap my parts really quick in your car to see if your car will show similar behaviour as mine does.

And yes, I have cleaned ICV, replaced the intake and TB gaskets, deleted the mess under the intake, new hoses for ICV and new intake boot -- therefore, vacuum leak is ruled out.

Please let me know if any one can help me out.

Thank you!
    Attempts to get back in e30 world failed - hello e39! ;D
    '91 318is - sold
    '95 318is - sold

if you ever come leesburg way i can try to help out. ill look to see if i have any spares other than the one on my car.

Comment

Might try unplugging TPS to see if that changes anything.

Comment

Is the check engine light on?

Comment

Unplugging TPS makes car idle rougher (I did not try driving with TPS unplugged), but when I unplug the ICV, car idles smoother (again, I did not try driving with ICV unplugged).

What happens is that when I drive around and press in the clutch, car will shut its self off. OR if I just sit and play with the throttle revving to about 2-3K, sometimes idle will drop to ~500RPMs and stay there, running like shit (very rough). This rough idle does not go away until either the engine cuts off by itself or I turn it off.

But during normal driving the car pulls like a champ...

dkbmxer002 - Depending on how my schedule will go (getting ready for my wedding), I might ask your help. Thanks

Edit: no check engine light
          Attempts to get back in e30 world failed - hello e39! ;D
          '91 318is - sold
          '95 318is - sold

Comment

just let me know, my car has some funky idle issues sometimes, but being my other car has a massive cam, i deal with it hahahah.

Comment

Working...
            X