Weigh stations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weigh stations

So as you all know there are weigh stations for trucks at spots along I95 and some other big highways...

Have any of you used them?

Every time I go by and they are open there is a huge line of trucks waiting and I was thinking they might even just tell you to GTFO when you drive up...

On the other hand, when they are closed, are the scales still left on? And if so where does it show the weight, can you even see it? or is it inside the building?

Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

I know that lots of times people at the dumps/ recycling centers will let you use their scales. Pm ill4noreason, I know he's been planning to do that as he knows some people who work at one.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Good question. There is one right next to my house. Wish I knew.
      The easiest way to get the weight on your car is to go to a junk yard/city dump where you can drop off trash. Most of these yards will have a system where you drive up on a set of scales with all your trash, go dump your trash, and then they take the weight of your unloaded car and charge you for the difference in weight. You could use their scales very easily. A lot of stone and asphalt, and concrete manufacturers will also have scales that work in the same way that are easy to use.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Working...
      X