Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 and 5spd Trans FS in NOVA

Sold
    Last edited by cool2seat; 06-18-2012, 04:08 AM.

What condition are the cam gears in? Any kind of oil leaks? Have you checked the oil pan to make sure the upper pan bolts were still tight? Have any of the timing components been up dated to the better parts?

Not trying to bash but 700 seems a little high. That is unless you have good maintenance records for the engine.

Comment

No oil leaks, haven't looked at the cam gears and don't know on the timing components but I'm going to assume no. Yeah i'm not really sure where to price this engine, so feel free to make an offer.

Comment

I sold one similar milage same setup .. only diff is mine needed a maf and did not run at the time and i sold it for the same price.. i think $700 is more then fare..

E30 Turbo 2.8L - 60ft - 1.70 :: 1/8th - 6.99 :: MPH - 105.47 :: 1/4 - 10.66 :: MPH - 132.53
        *RIP* E36 M3 - 60ft - 1.944 :: 1/8th - 8.64 :: MPH - 80.00 :: 1/4 - 13.55 :: MPH - 99.95

Comment

Let me also mention that I've repalced the plugs and all of the problematic vacuum lines. As well as a new intake boot and thermostat. Will also include all accesories, wiring harness, MAF. Other drivetrain stuff too if you're interested.

Comment

up

Comment

Catback?

Comment

Originally posted by rpm620 View Post
                I sold one similar milage same setup .. only diff is mine needed a maf and did not run at the time and i sold it for the same price.. i think $700 is more then fare..
                Jeez. I sold my perfectly running m42 for only 300.
                2008 335i - n54b30
                1991 318i - m52b28
                1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

ditto^^^ but mine isn't even sold yet
                  Originally posted by jasonsnoddy
                  I don't always drift, but when I do, I prefer ford fiestas

Comment

Originally posted by rpm620 View Post
                    Holy crap. I sold mine for $400, and it had everything including a stage 2 clutch and was recently rebuilt...

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Bump, now 600 OBO, and will include a BavAuto Chip.

Comment

bump

Comment

Bump, $400 now, Also will be parting out the motor/trans stuff soon if people are interested. Thanks.

Comment

damn, figures I just picked up an M42 last month. Yours seems much more complete :/
                            Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
                            Track/street e21 build
                            visit Condor Speed Shop
                            visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Working...
                            X