Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.7i build help feeler

Hey R3V!

Noob here in Fairfax with an 88 Schwarz SETA coupe and a nearly complete set of "i" swap parts. Still looking for an ICV (I think it's the L-shaped one) and a 3.0 bar FPR, but those are easy eBay pickups. Sending injectors off to be cleaned and the head to Tysons Machine in Sterling this week.

I know some of you guys in the DMV must have done one of these before, so let me know if you'd be willing to contribute knowhow & elbow grease in exchange for food, beer, and fair monetary compensation. I've got a Bentley and can turn a wrench, but I'm definitely no expert, so just trying to avoid getting in over my head here. This would be sometime in the next month or so.

PM or simply reply if interested... look forward to meeting the local E30 community!

im doing a 2.7i with a cam, light weight fly wheel, every maintenance part new, larger injectors and a custom tune(war). it started with a seta block. its going into a 318is, so an entire driveline swap i am getting familiar with.

realoem is your friend.

i have TONS of part numbers on what i have replaced. if you need any advice hmu, too bad your far

Comment

There are tons of threads in the m20 subforum and a quick search on here will net you just about every answer that you need. The swap is pretty straight forward, it's preferred that you use an "i" wiring harness because a few of the connectors are different.

What actual questions do you have about the swap?
      stephenbrody.com

Comment

Thanks for the input guys...

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
        There are tons of threads in the m20 subforum and a quick search on here will net you just about every answer that you need. The swap is pretty straight forward, it's preferred that you use an "i" wiring harness because a few of the connectors are different.

What actual questions do you have about the swap?
        I have an "i" wiring harness, but my understanding was that because Super Etas run Motronic 1.1, the change to a 173 ECU is plug & play. Am I wrong?

No specific questions so far that I haven't been able to clear up through realoem and build threads - I've just never done anything this in depth before, so I figured it might be prudent to call in some backup.

Upgrades to date are Bilstein/H&R sports, 4.10 LSD, and a few poly mounts.

Devon - I like the cut of your jib sir! Let me know how it goes. I may take you up on your offer if I encounter issues. Do you know if Miller makes a tune for a 2.7i with 19# injectors? That's the kind of setup I'd like to run eventually, but the MAF/WAR package is a bit too rich for my blood at the moment.

Comment

super eta has an i wiring harness, i valve cover and is PnP.

you can just bolt on whatever is needed within an afternoon if you like.

a 4.10 will be a bit much for this setup, really really short gears.

i do believe miller makes a tune, i was gonna buy it through a local vendor for the MAF kit, but he has a war chip and i may pick that up instead.

you can always have them burn you one
          Last edited by devon.818; 03-28-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X