Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rallycross Test&Tune and Event Sept 8&9 - Summit Point - Come join or watch 5 BMWs :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rallycross Test&Tune and Event Sept 8&9 - Summit Point - Come join or watch 5 BMWs :)

Just some advance notice about the second half of SCCA rallycross season starting up on September 8th and 9th at Summit Point. 8th is a test&tune day, which is about $30 for SCCA members (and $40 for non-members, I think). Basically you get to run all day and just have fun with your car in the dirt, mud, gravel, or whatever conditions happen that day.

9th is the competition day. There will be FIVE BMWs running that day with 10 different drivers.....four e30s and an e28. So come watch while we all continue to not catch the fastest RX-7 that dominates our modified class, lol....or maybe we catch him this time. Or come drive.

Autocross is nice (I did it for 15 years). But rallycross is 10x more fun, and you get WAY more runs - most autocrosses you get 3 to 5 total runs, mostly about 45 seconds long. Rallycross you get 10 to 15 runs, usually about 90 seconds. So more seat time, more fun.

And you can do it in pretty much any car (not SUVs), on any A/S or snow tire (or might even be ok with summers, depending on which course we run and if it's dry or wet) and you'll be fine as long as you're not lowered (or at least not lowered much). You won't destroy your car if you don't drive crazy. A guy came to last event with a brand-new Audi A4 on stock tires and was fine.

Anyhow, come drive, come watch, whatever. It's at summit so if you get tired of watching rallycross, there's always something going on at the other circuits there as well....

can register on dlbracing.com, or feel free to PM me if you want more info....

Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Looks like I'll still have the e30 for this event. :) Need to find some new shocks though. And fix that exhaust and rear wheel bearing. And hood latch. haha. Too much to fix.
    sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
    Build Thread:
    Current ongoing build. Check it out!
    1991 318is 4dr rallycross
    Rallycross Build Thread.
    1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

Just buy my damn quick release hood pins and be done with it! :D

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

You're less likely to get lost too.

Does the Bolivian Rolly Team still participate? (Rolly not rally, as they used to flip over a lot).

Comment

The RX-7 that leads the prepared RWD class runs Bolivian Rally too, car is caged. He has a co-driver running that car in Modified RWD as well, and he's in 3rd for the season behind me. Another RX-7 is leading the season points in that class.

The bolivian rallysprint stuff is sketchy.....they don't seem to "do it" very safe.....
          Track/street e21 build
          visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

I need tires. And to install that diff, and my new injectors (and a fuel line), and change the oil, and install my skidplate, and...
            Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
              I need tires. And to install that diff, and my new injectors (and a fuel line), and change the oil, and install my skidplate, and...
              psh, you have 3 weeks. That stuff is like an afternoon's work on an e30
              Track/street e21 build
              visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
                psh, you have 3 weeks. That stuff is like an afternoon's work on an e30
                Trying to run the WRX at SP this weekend, so that kills some time.

Plus I still need to BUY the tires. Trying to decide between the Firestone Winterforce and the Continental ExtremeWinterContact http://www.walmart.com/ip/Continenta...0T-BW/19889392
                Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Pat, I really don't much like the tread pattern on those Contis for rallycross, honestly. Doesn't look like it will shed the clay/mud very well. A square-block pattern is better IMO. Winterforce or Altimax Arctic.
                  Track/street e21 build
                  visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

This is super tempting. Is a mufflerless exhaust considered to be an exhaust "in good working order" lol?
                    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
                    Originally posted by blunttech
                    I need you to exfoliate my ballsack
                    Build Thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Click View Post
                      This is super tempting. Is a mufflerless exhaust considered to be an exhaust "in good working order" lol?
                      It really doesn't matter what you run. There is a straight piped/side exit geo that runs. It's more of a, is your exhaust not going to fall off on the track type of "working order".
                      sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
                      Build Thread:
                      Current ongoing build. Check it out!
                      1991 318is 4dr rallycross
                      Rallycross Build Thread.
                      1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

Originally posted by Click View Post
                        you'd be fine. Summit is a motorsports park, lol. Most cars on the premesis don't have mufflers, haha...

But yeah, as long as it's attached well that would be "in good working order."
                        Track/street e21 build
                        visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

90% sure I might be going
                          Build Thread?

Comment

FYI, registration for the T&T and the competition event are now open on DLBracing.com

Also you can pre-order good lunch on there, pay in advance, and it will be waiting for you in the paddock at lunchtime.
                            Track/street e21 build
                            visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Registered.

This is how I feel.

Helmet not yet purchased lol.
                              Build Thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X