Looking for a TIG welder in the Philly region for minor exhaust work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a TIG welder in the Philly region for minor exhaust work

I recently finished up my S50 swap exhaust, 2.25" twin stainless with x-pipe, cats, resonators, and a UUC System-U muffler at the rear. Well, the muffler is simply far too loud for my tastes these days.

A friend of mine has a '95 M3 with AA Gen3, which the consensus says is the quietest out there. He has been wanting something loud. This seems perfect, but I know not to go to Meineke or just any old muffler shop as we're dealing with quality materials and I would expect TIG welding (my entire setup is all TIG. yes MIG can be great but not by your average joe).

Anyone know a solid place in the area that will swap our mufflers at a reasonable cost? I know this isn't very easy but it's not very complicated. Or anyone out there who does side work with their welder at home/shop? Let me know. My exhaust was made when I was out in Oregon, so I've lost my rolodex of local contacts.

I wouldn't worry too much if the weld is done by TIG or MIG. Both can produce an excellent result - it's the guy doing the work that makes the difference.

I own a welding business in Maryland. I rarely do exhaust work but when I do it, I usually use the MIG due to the lack of room above the pipes and how much quicker it is.

If the material your welding has any rust at all, it's gonna give you a fit to TIG. But I'm guessing both systems in question are stainless including the mufflers?

If the weld looks good and doesn't leak, isn't that the goal?

Turbo piping is a completely different story though. It's pretty rewarding when your TIG work is appreciated.

I'm sure there are guys local to you that will do a good job. Look at some of their existing work and you will know.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X