E30 Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Work

Alright guys. I just ordered a ton of parts to do a gasket rebuild, clutch ect and I'm wondering if guys on r3v would be willing to help? I have most tools except for a fan tool, and a good torque wrench. I have a weekend set for it on sept 21st-23rd. I'm not the most experienced with e30s yet but I'm wanting to learn and plus having a little wrench meet at my house would be cool.

The plan is to pull the engine if thats whats suggested by you guys. Rebuild it while out and then just drop it back in. I know I might be in over my head but I really want the oil leaks gone and I would like to learn a lot more about my car hands on style.

pm me if you would be willing to stop by and help out. Even if its for a hour or two thats better than nothing.

Oh and free beer of choice shall be given to those who take part.

thanks guys

post that you have a keg and pizza, people will show up.

advice, if you've never cracked a motor apart, make sure atleast one person there has...or prepare for a shit storm.

Comment

Damn, the way you say it leaks makes me wonder if my tolerance for oil leaks was too high. Besides that, everything about that car was nicer than the 318is I have now. Glad to see you're putting the time and money into it to make it nice.

I would help if I was still there. If you need a hand around Thanksgiving or Christmas let me know.
      What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
      90 325ix

Comment

I mean if a keg and pizza brings in some help. As long as some work gets done hahaha. And Jake its a great ride, just getting things rebuilt so it will last. Hopefully late spring will bring a new paint job! She also will be getting lowered and a set of weaves when I can afford them. Right now Im just looking for bottlecaps or something to throw winter tires on for the mountain riding this winter. Still pulls and drives strong!

Comment

Just used my brothers profile for that update guys. Sorry for any confusion. And I have cracked open a e30 motor before. I pulled one when I parted out my es a few years back. I wish I still had that block to use for this car. It just helps to have more hands than myself for this.

Comment

I would come out and help you, but unfortunately you live 2 hrs away from me lol

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
            Originally posted by scabzzzz
            I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
            1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
            2002 325i - DD
            2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

I can give small donations for gas too if anyone lives a hour or so away. I need as many people as I can get to get it done in a few days.

Comment

the parts are starting to roll in! No takers? I was for sure thinking beer and free food would bring people out.

Comment

If H'Burg stands for Harrisonburg than you are 2 hours away, someone better live near him!

Comment

I know I cant be the only one here. I see e30s all the time. Im actually located right outside of Harrisonburg. Between Harrisonburg and Waynesboro.

Comment

Got started tonight. Got the ac system out. All fluids drained. Radiator and a bunch of elect. work done. Hopefully will get this thing ready tomorrow night to be pulled thursday. Still could use any hand thats willing to come out. The pizza and beer offer still is out there.

Comment

I'm outside of Waynesboro near Eastside Speedway. Sending you an email in a few.

Comment

Im actually in Grottoes so Im prolly 5 min away. Right in the middle on dogwood ave near the town hall.

Comment

Post a few pics, curious to see the progress you make

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2
                            What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
                            90 325ix

Comment

I will. I've been taking tons of them as we go. I wouldnt mind doing a little build thread in the future. There are huge plans for this car. Just gotta take it one step at a time. Hopefully by the end of spring she will have a new paint job and be dent free haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X