Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone willing to replace my subframe/trailing arm bushes for a fee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone willing to replace my subframe/trailing arm bushes for a fee?

I just replaced the rear sway bar links, sway bar bushings, top and bottom spring pads, and rear shock mounts
    Car drives much nicer, but when I was working underneath the car
    The trailing arm bushings looked pretty bad, and I know from the previous owner, the subframe bushings need to be changed too

Just need to change the Subframe bushing, and the trailing arm bushings
    I'll buy the parts in advance
    But I think this is a little bit beyond my capabilities :)
    Anyone here that can do it and has the right tools to remove them?

I will also replace all the front rubber pieces in the suspension when I save up enough to buy the parts, might need help with that too :)

Let me know if you can do this for me, and how much you'll charge

I'd be willing to for the right price. Send me a pm of the details and when/ where you'd like it done and I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Bump
      Anyone closer to the Dc metro area?

Comment

In what car?? E30 or E36?

E30 Turbo 2.8L - 60ft - 1.70 :: 1/8th - 6.99 :: MPH - 105.47 :: 1/4 - 10.66 :: MPH - 132.53
        *RIP* E36 M3 - 60ft - 1.944 :: 1/8th - 8.64 :: MPH - 80.00 :: 1/4 - 13.55 :: MPH - 99.95

Comment

I can do e30 subframe and trailing arm bushings at my shop in Alexandria. I've done TA bushings in my driveway and it was hell. Now that I have access to a press it's a little easier.
          How soon would u want to do this?
          m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
          build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

And are u talking about tearing all that stuff off at the shop, then pressing it all in or are your trailing arms and subframe already pulled??

Comment

Originally posted by rpm620 View Post
              in what car?? E30 or e36?
              e30 m3

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
                I can do e30 subframe and trailing arm bushings at my shop in Alexandria. I've done TA bushings in my driveway and it was hell. Now that I have access to a press it's a little easier.
                How soon would u want to do this?
                Any idea on the cost?
                I'll have enough money in early jan to buy the parts
                I'm also buying all the rubber pieces for the front
                I'll install those

And no I don't have the subframe or trailing arms removed
                Since its my daily driver

Comment

your car does not happen to be the Red E30 M3 with Gold BBS RS's on it is it? If it is i saw you last night in reston town center.. you turned left infront of Vapiano's

E30 Turbo 2.8L - 60ft - 1.70 :: 1/8th - 6.99 :: MPH - 105.47 :: 1/4 - 10.66 :: MPH - 132.53
                  *RIP* E36 M3 - 60ft - 1.944 :: 1/8th - 8.64 :: MPH - 80.00 :: 1/4 - 13.55 :: MPH - 99.95

Comment

Originally posted by rpm620 View Post
                    your car does not happen to be the Red E30 M3 with Gold BBS RS's on it is it? If it is i saw you last night in reston town center.. you turned left infront of Vapiano's
                    yes it is :)

i was getting cupcakes from red velvet :)

Comment

Hey what's up man I sent you a message last night not knowing how difficult it would be to do this but a lot of guys at my shop are telling me its going to take like a weekend for me to get this done. 2 days at least so let me know if 450 is a reasonable fee. If its not we can compare quotes from other shops and ill help out the best I can

Comment

I'm thinking of buying a good used set of trailing arms
                        Fit the bushings to those
                        To make the switchover easier
                        I checked
                        The trailing arms are the same for the M3 and the standard E30
                        Just need to double check, I heard the trailing arms need to be from a car that has abs

Comment

Then you have to swap hubs and all brake hardware, much more work. It's not that time consuming to do - you just drop out the entire rear axle, burn out the existing bushings and press in new ones. Installing the trailing arm bushings is probably the least time consuming part of the process.
                          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                          2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                          1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                          1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                          - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                          1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                          1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                          Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Doing all the bushing, you want to just drop the entire rear end. IF you havent done the diff bushing you should as well.

Mine bushing top broke off in the housing, I had to drill them out. It was siezed completely in the fitting that goes in the car. The boys help me drill it out. My car was down for 2 days. I swap everything on the bottom.

A diff fluild change should be in order if you are going to drop the entire thing.

sometimes the subframe bushing can be seized in the subframe and require burning it out etc. Mine just shot out with some heat with a hammer blow. Others have had alot more troubles that I ahve worked on.

I think 3 to 500 bucks is fair, all dependent if you run into trouble with the bushings.

I would also remove the rear windshield locking strip for safety precaution. A few have shattered thier rear windshield when pounding the bushings out.

Comment

Diff fluid changes can be done easily with it in the car. The I would buy a spare subframe before trailing arms tho. I did the trailing at,s in my driveway. It's better to paint the new subframe and weld rear sway reinforcement tabs if you have or plan on putting in a bigger sway while its out. Camber adjustment plates if needed....etc. I wouldn't buy trailing arms cause then u will have old wheel bearings also, assuming your getting the TA from the junkyard.

Let me know and we can figure it out. Yun's suggestions are great also tho. Rear dif bushing is a good idea also. I'm not sure if unsaid u already have me but AKG offers a great package for all of these. Andy has always been helpful and honest for my daily/beater upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                              X