Drift Spot Check....Hatian Drift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drift Spot Check....Hatian Drift

I found this dope ass spot by fairfax area. Me and my Speed3 homie went looking for spots after the snow fell on Saturday. We were chillin here for like 2hrs with no problems.

m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

you had no problems this time....i wouldn't press my luck here in fairfax on messing around in a school zone.......

and why is your camera guy back in the trees videoing golf balls?
    Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Checked out your videos, clearly it's hard to get a good feel for what you are doing in short clips. I found when I was into sliding around that watching a segment of Tsuchiyas drift bible then practicing that technique made me better and kept me moving forward. But really, Fairfax is a very bad place to go in future, sort of the Columbia of VA.

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
        you had no problems this time....i wouldn't press my luck here in fairfax on messing around in a school zone.......

and why is your camera guy back in the trees videoing golf balls?
        We're just goofy ass skaters hitting up spots in our cars cause its to cold to blade man. We were actually looking for skate spots behind the school when we found this. Trust me, we don't want to see the cops either and sliding around would be the least we're worried about getting caught with.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        Checked out your videos, clearly it's hard to get a good feel for what you are doing in short clips. I found when I was into sliding around that watching a segment of Tsuchiyas drift bible then practicing that technique made me better and kept me moving forward. But really, Fairfax is a very bad place to go in future, sort of the Columbia of VA.
        I've watched that a lot but practice is what I need now more than anything. I'm ALWAYS watching drifting but actually doing it is not as easy as the japs make it look. It's the fast coordination of having just the right input of throttle and/or steering at the right time along with some major clutch kick or sometimes a little clutch nudge to keep the rear out that I'm still at the beginnings of. More power would make it a whole lot easier. But I'll get there eventually

Comment

Doesnt look like a very good spot to me. Very narrow. Pop a curb and there goes a control arm or tie rod and possibly an oil pan(if you have no skid plate). At the very least your alignment will get messed up. Why not come out to a drift nirvana or slideways event? It's pretty damn cheap and you'll get to slide the track all day without getting into trouble or running into issues.
          sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
          Build Thread:
          Current ongoing build. Check it out!
          1991 318is 4dr rallycross
          Rallycross Build Thread.
          1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

haha..the spot is awesome and so safe. im sorry, but sheckells uve always been so quick to bring up worst case senarios when u didnt even see the full spot. then when i ask you where you learn u say youve never drifted. hopefully that has changed but im just having fun bro. u can bend control arms at the track too. if they brake u replace. welcome to motorsports.

thanks for your concern though. very caring. oh and the narrow part of the road makes u have to be a little bit more precise. an off line wont cut it, but i can still correct safely there. so its kind of a good spot to me.

Comment

Originally posted by shEck3lls0 View Post
              Doesnt look like a very good spot to me. Very narrow. Pop a curb and there goes a control arm or tie rod and possibly an oil pan(if you have no skid plate). At the very least your alignment will get messed up. Why not come out to a drift nirvana or slideways event? It's pretty damn cheap and you'll get to slide the track all day without getting into trouble or running into issues.
              When is the next slideways or DN event? I am planning on taking one of the e30's out there to learn on..

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
              Originally posted by scabzzzz
              I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
              1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
              2002 325i - DD
              2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
                When is the next slideways or DN event? I am planning on taking one of the e30's out there to learn on..
                im going to be keeping more attention to these schedules this year and post it on mid atlantic.

I think we E30 owners should get out and drift together more like the nissan and ae86, etc guys do. exchange set up ideas, spring rates and shock setups. This might all be helpful to all of us. rather than bitching about where one chooses to learn on their own time. we can all help each other learn

Comment

Yes please do! I want to get out to as many events as possible this year.

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                  Originally posted by scabzzzz
                  I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                  1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                  2002 325i - DD
                  2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

I've been to a couple drift events. haha. I do have no room too talk I suppose since I recently ran into a curb in the rain and bent a control arm. I would like to ride along with you though and get some drifting in with you next event I go to! Would be fun.
                    sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
                    Build Thread:
                    Current ongoing build. Check it out!
                    1991 318is 4dr rallycross
                    Rallycross Build Thread.
                    1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

Spot is whack as fuck. Congratulations you slide a car in the bottom of 2nd on junkyard tires. Stop being an idiot and get to a event. Where you can at least attempt to slide in 3rd safely.

Comment

Originally posted by shEck3lls0 View Post
                        I've been to a couple drift events. haha. I do have no room too talk I suppose since I recently ran into a curb in the rain and bent a control arm. I would like to ride along with you though and get some drifting in with you next event I go to! Would be fun.
                        It's all good. You're learning so mistakes will be made.

I mean look guys, I'm just sharing my progression. Right now I suck and my car is at its very beginning stages of being track ready. I will be driving my car to and from the track so I'm not in a huge rush to jump into 3rd gear drifts until I feel my skills are ready. For now I'm having fun learning car control in 1st and mostly 2nd gear. Once I have a LSD I'm not worried about breaking after a long track day ill be up there. The car is close. But I'm just sharing my early stages of fun and drifting. Nothing serious

Comment

Idk why my posts turn so controversial all the time.lol
                          ppl so quick to judge and hate for no reason. I'm not trying to compare, just share folks.
                          Last edited by ROLLingKING; 01-07-2013, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
                            Idk why my posts turn so controversial all the time.lol
                            ppl so quick to judge and hate for no reason. I'm not trying to compare, just share folks.
                            The reason is what you just wrote and said yourself. You are trying to learn car control. Clearly since you have not learned it, and you are not proficient in car control/drifting maybe an event would be a bit safer than a public street.

If you are learning and you are not the best out there, then why are you practicing on the street? Instead of practicing at an event where people can teach you what to do, and help you get where you want. All while being safe, and not possibly damaging your car.

The reason your posts are so controversial is maybe because your train of thought does not make any sense. You are justifying practicing on the street instead of paying money to get good seat time while being safe. Parking lots dont destroy control arms, curbs do.

Up to you man. My suggestion go to an event, learn more and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
                              The reason is what you just wrote and said yourself. You are trying to learn car control. Clearly since you have not learned it, and you are not proficient in car control/drifting maybe an event would be a bit safer than a public street.

If you are learning and you are not the best out there, then why are you practicing on the street? Instead of practicing at an event where people can teach you what to do, and help you get where you want. All while being safe, and not possibly damaging your car.

The reason your posts are so controversial is maybe because your train of thought does not make any sense. You are justifying practicing on the street instead of paying money to get good seat time while being safe. Parking lots dont destroy control arms, curbs do.

Up to you man. My suggestion go to an event, learn more and be safe.
                              I hear you. I'm not doing it where there are other cars even near me but I know what u mean when ppl just drift through intersections. I guess I'm the only one who feels like u can learn in back cuddy spots where people can't see you. And it's free and I can do it more often.
                              But I guess safety is more important. Hopefully once I make it to a track ill be bored with slow street slides.

Comment

Working...
                              X