Need fan clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need fan clutch

Im in the Alexandria and i really need a working m20 fan clutch. Anyone got 1 please let call me @ 571-357-2309/Jim thank you

I think I might have one for you. I'll check this afternoon and get back to you.

Have any parts to trade?

Comment

I've got a good used one. PM me if interested

Comment

i got one $20 picked up

Comment

thanks, guy i picked up a nused one and the temp is better but still a little past the 1/2 mark at idle but not at 3/4 as before. I want a NEW one now, tired of this shit.

Comment

I am going to assume you can retrofit an electric fan on an M20. If so please proceed.

Comment

Have you checked your thermostat? Also, does it only go above 1/2 at idle? Mine will sit right at the half mark until I sit in traffic, then it starts to creep up a bit but never past 3/4. Pretty typical for an M20

Comment

Originally posted by buguhrich View Post
                Have you checked your thermostat? Also, does it only go above 1/2 at idle? Mine will sit right at the half mark until I sit in traffic, then it starts to creep up a bit but never past 3/4. Pretty typical for an M20
                New t-stat and bleed the system for 2 days now, not losing coolant. It just creeps a little past 1/2 at idle but as soon as i drive it it drops right @ 1/2 mark or just a little below. Could be a clogged heater core, i think.

Comment

That sounds completely normal. It drops once you start driving because your water pump is turning quicker, your fan is moving faster, and there's air moving through your radiator.

If your heater core was clogged, you wouldn't have any heat. Do you have heat when you turn it on?

Comment

That sounds completely normal. It drops once you start driving because your water pump is turning quicker, your fan is moving faster, and there's air moving through your radiator.

If your heater core was clogged, you wouldn't have any heat. Do you have heat when you turn it on?
                    heat is there full hot and burning, but when i immediately turn off the car and leave the heater on, after 5 second it blows cool instead of warm.

Also, all 6 of my BMW i've owned and this is my 2nd e30, all have stay put on the 1/2 mark without a budge. Only this car is needle is moving and it makes me nervous.

Comment

Then your heater core is not clogged.

Just because the needle is moving, doesn't necessarily mean that your cooling system is faulty. It could be a water temp sensor going bad or your gauge has something wrong with it. Unless you've replaced either one, most likely they are 22+ years old. Not saying this is the cause, just something to think about.

Like I said, my M20 does the exact same thing as what you're describing and it's been running like that for 6 years now with no issues related to cooling. It has a new water pump, thermostat, hoses, heater core valve, gaskets, fan clutch, water temp sensor, and is flushed regularly.

Comment

Then your heater core is not clogged.

Just because the needle is moving, doesn't necessarily mean that your cooling system is faulty. It could be a water temp sensor going bad or your gauge has something wrong with it. Unless you've replaced either one, most likely they are 22+ years old. Not saying this is the cause, just something to think about.

Like I said, my M20 does the exact same thing as what you're describing and it's been running like that for 6 years now with no issues related to cooling. It has a new water pump, thermostat, hoses, heater core valve, gaskets, fan clutch, water temp sensor, and is flushed regularly.
                        i'll keep an eye on it and see where it goes. thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
                        X