Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a 318i (M42) catback - any condition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a 318i (M42) catback - any condition!

Still looking for a 318 (with M42 engine) catback. Don't care if it's stock, rusted out, aftermarket, whatever. Doesn't even have to have the muffler. Just really need the pipe from the flange at the cat and back to the muffler.

LMK if you have this piece sitting around, I'll give you some cash for it.

And yes, I know I could get one made, but that would require getting the car (with no exhaust) to the exhaust shop........which will end up with a ticket here in fairfax!
    Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Didn't you ask about this some time ago? If you still having trouble finding this you are welcome to come to Beltsville, remove the exhaust I have on the spare 318i and borrow it for a while. As long as you replace any studs/fasteners that break/need cutting. Alternately, I can take my one of my cars to a shop, have them fabricate a new exhaust and deliver that as needed. Anything to help another person running an M42 in any sort of motorsport!

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Didn't you ask about this some time ago? If you still having trouble finding this you are welcome to come to Beltsville, remove the exhaust I have on the spare 318i and borrow it for a while. As long as you replace any studs/fasteners that break/need cutting. Alternately, I can take my one of my cars to a shop, have them fabricate a new exhaust and deliver that as needed. Anything to help another person running an M42 in any sort of motorsport!
      yeah, I forgot I already posted a thread. A guy up north was supposed to send me his, but that didn't work out for some reason so figured I'd ask again. Eventually I'll just bite the bullet and get the car to a local shop early in the morning or something where I won't get pulled over....or try to securely rig up the flex pipe I have on it right now loosely.

I'm in no real rush, just figured I'd post up here again on the off chance that someone has seen one at a junkyard or upgraded theirs. Thanks for the offer, though. how much do you think a local shop would charge to fab something up (and I wouldn't need/want the resonator, so it would just be straight pipe), out of curiosity.
      Track/street e21 build
      visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

I have what I pulled when doing my swap, I have both sides of the cat with flanges, minus the cat, and from the cat flange back to an aftermarket muffler. I can ship it to ya if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
          How much do you think a local shop would charge to fab something up (and I wouldn't need/want the resonator, so it would just be straight pipe), out of curiosity.
          I can ask my friend who works at his fathers Meineke in District Heights for a quote. I cannot guarantee a discount, but they generally give me one and do the same for those I refer. Do you happen to have a muffler in mind/on hand? If so the cost will be peanuts.

Comment

I actually already have a magnaflow muffler mounted. Just gonna need the pipe that has the flange at one end and attaches to the muffler.

I actually work in Suitland right down the road from district heights, so if he could fab something up, I could actually just meet you there on lunchbreak or something.

Farbin is going to check on shipping on the pipe he has, and if it's not too much I'll just go that direction for the sake of ease. If not, would definitely be interested!
            Track/street e21 build
            visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Sounds like a plan. I will get you a quote from the shop before noon tomorrow and you can compare.

Comment

Working...
              X