Fender rolling in the Valley/Cville?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fender rolling in the Valley/Cville?

So....I slammed some some staggered style 66s on my e36 M3. 235s up front, 255 out back.

Need some rolling of the fenders. Anyone have a roller I could borrow?
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

This is why....

Last edited by slammin.e28; 01-29-2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Still looking plox. Even Richmond, etc.

Comment

How about DC area? http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...581593913.html

Comment

I was just talking to an acquaintance last week about borrowing his roller to do my car. He told me to let him know when I need it. PM me for details.

Comment

Big shout out to Keith, Mike, and Jake! Got them fenders rolled Saturday, many thanks! So much better. I can finally corner hard and not rub!

Again! I really appreciate the generosity! Great meeting some other Valley guys too!

Comment

i need my fenders rolled too, got a contact number's? pics?

Comment

Valley guys?

Ew.

Comment

^Agreed. Need to get some meets going soon. Hopefully more autocross in Verona will help.

Comment

Originally posted by e30mpg View Post
                    i need my fenders rolled too, got a contact number's? pics?
                    We're about two hours south of you, but I know there's a few folks in your area (Springfield, VA) that have access to a roller.

Per your request, here's the pictures showing our work. We removed the springs and disconnected the shock's bottom attach point to check our clearances.

Last edited by keflaman; 02-19-2013, 02:41 AM. Reason: Added Pictures

Comment

Originally posted by keflaman View Post
                      We're about two hours south of you, but I know there's a few folks in your area (Springfield, VA) that have access to a roller.

Per your request, here's the pictures showing our work. We removed the springs and disconnected the shock's bottom attach point to check our clearances.

nice, if you have a contact in mind please send me their info. Otherwise, let me know if i can schedule an appointment with you? I'm slowly loosing pieces of my rear tires.

Comment

Just wanted to report back:

We're still good! I should have raised the right side up a bit as it seems to rub a little when taking turns with a passenger or with a full load of groceries. First time rolling, so I didn't want to just dig in hardcore, lol.

But, IMO, it's 100% better! Love it!

Comment

You mean raise it up via the shock?

Comment

Originally posted by keflaman View Post
                            You mean raise it up via the shock?
                            The spring. I forgot that the passenger side is a little bit lower than the drivers, thus it was a worse rubbing side.

It's not hard, but woulda been a nice thing to remember to do while it was apart, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by e30mpg View Post
                              nice, if you have a contact in mind please send me their info. Otherwise, let me know if i can schedule an appointment with you? I'm slowly loosing pieces of my rear tires.
                              Try searching in http://www.vadriven.com/forums/nova-dc-md-16/. I know there's some guys in NOVA on this forum that do it as well.

I borrowed the roller from a friend and wouldn't feel right opening a business using his equipment. We're just a bunch of hair-lipped hillbillies with see-through beards drivin' clapped out Beamers.

Then again, maybe you should stick to searching for someone with R3V:
                              NOVA/DC/MD - Rent/borrow fender roller- Nova - Does anyone in the Nova area have a fender roller I can rent/use/borrow? Thanks
                              Last edited by keflaman; 02-19-2013, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X