ANYONE HAVE A TIRE HOOKUP....lets start one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANYONE HAVE A TIRE HOOKUP....lets start one

what if all of us r3vers in nova got tires from a business thatd be willing to help us out if we helped them.

what i mean is group buys of tires. i just got a set of 15x8's and want to get used to using the same tire but not having to pay full price every 2-3 months for a pair.mi feel like if the drifters & auto x'ers & track guys got together we could make orders every couple of months for like 10 different ppl and the tire shop would benefit in the steady business. and we could probably get a better discount that way. fuck paying shipping when u need the tires NOW

any thoughts? or has anyone already tried this with a tire shop, or already doing this? or am i wishing for the impossible.lol
    m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Unless you are going to buy more than five sets I wouldn't bank on a substantial discount. In all likelihood you are still going to find better prices online that going to an actual store.

Comment

Agreed, I think it would be hard to beat online pricing.
      I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

What have you been using for tires/what do you want to use for tires? We have had good luck with rather inexpensive Falken RT-615ks, managed to get two races and two practice sessions out of 6 tires, for maybe 40 hours total track time.

Comment

which is why im looking to get heads together to place orders at one location around the same time. once every other month or every 2 months we could get, i think, 7-10 ppl easily who are looking for a set every 2 months.

id be getting 2 sets just to keep my tires similar and keep that the same learning curve.
          im looking for a locals supporting a local business and getting tires without shipping. that way we and the wholesaler would benifit.
          thatd be a lot of tires to sell at one time. im sure they would appreciate something like that if we always went back to them

Comment

You guys should talk to Jeff1, He might be able to hook you guys up with some discounts from Admiral Tire out in Bowie (aka his shop).
            stephenbrody.com

Comment

Their isn't much of a margin on tires so don't expect a huge discount.

Comment

local shops already have enough trouble keeping up with tire rack, most tires on tire rack beat map pricing and some shops dont even make much profit so why bother unless they are nation wide chain even then i dont think you will find luck, im in but highly doubtfull. you already got ebay use that

i know this because i use to work at a tuning shop use to be a toyo and hankook dealer. not much room to play with between map and how much you get them for. being middle man sucks
                Last edited by knuklehead92; 01-24-2013, 07:53 PM.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

The autocrossers don't want any of the tires that are sold at "local shops" or that are used by drifters....Most local shops don't carry Star Spec 2's, RE11R's, A048's or R-comps..... Plus local shops don't tend to carry tires in the oddball sizes most autocrossers like.

TR crushes their prices anyhow, even if one were to give a "bulk discount" it would still be more than TR most likely. TR can simply lowball them on pure volume, pretty easily.

Plus autocrossers can use the same tires for a couple seasons...no need t o replace them often. I got got 2 full seasons out of a set of used A048's on a 300hp WRX.
                  Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
                  Track/street e21 build
                  visit Condor Speed Shop
                  visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

btw, most times I order from TR, I have the tires on my doorstep the next day. They have warehouses all over the country, so the tires get there FAST even with standard shipping. If you need tires "same day" then you should have bought some a month earlier, lol.
                    Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
                    Track/street e21 build
                    visit Condor Speed Shop
                    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

okay i see your guys point..

brody!! whats up man? i lost everyones number. shoot me a text when ur free

Comment

Working...
                      X