e30 driveshaft???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 driveshaft???

HELP! i need to rebuild my 87 325es driveshaft it seems. Im sure there are threads on this topic. does anyone near philly have one in good shape or should I jus get VAC to get it rebuilt for $800????

.keitH
    sigpic

get a junk yard drive shaft or buy one. ive never considered "rebuilding" a driveshaft.

or if ur sure theres threads on the topic search it maybe...ive never had drive shaft problems but if i did id buy a new one and be done with it. $800 sounds way more than a new shaft. sounds like at least $250 of that cost is for the VAC name.

if u have the guap go for it
    m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

There's a good place out west that rebuilds them. You get the new one, then send yours as a core. Can't remember the name off hand though.

Or Driveline Services in Ga is really good. They did an e28 shaft for like $425 and it was down there and back in about 3 days.

For $800 I'd expect come custom, LTW, racecar shit.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

bavauto.com has decent price on doing core exchange.jus thought Id try to check other options people might have come across.
        sigpic

Comment

I got a driveshaft from these guys, http://www.driveshafts.com/, for my dads e34 and it was rebuilt with servicable u-joints. Very good work and I don't think it was extremely pricey. Can't quite remember but I know it was less than $800.

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
          Originally posted by scabzzzz
          I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
          1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
          2002 325i - DD
          2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

I'd just find a JY or used driveshaft. They're not hard to find for the 6-cyl cars.....
            Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
            Track/street e21 build
            visit Condor Speed Shop
            visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

ok great Ill look around. On another note, my car was 9/1986, so apparently thats the time of year they were changing things out from older to newer styles. Is there a way to find out which driveshaft my car may have without taking a lot of stuff off to get to it? :-/ sorry for Newb questions
              sigpic

Comment

get ahold of bimmer buddies in Hershey,Pa. 717 388-1256
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X