Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Join us for SCCA RallyCross near Washington DC this season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join us for SCCA RallyCross near Washington DC this season!

We're very excited to partner with the guys at MachV Motorsports for the 2013 season!
    FastWRX.com is the place for high performance Subaru parts. From turbos to wheels to lowering springs, we have the mods you need for your WRX or STI. BRZ too!

Join us for DC RallyCross this season!

What's RallyCross?
    It's racing on dirt, gravel, grass, and sometimes mud on a course defined by cones. Each run you make counts towards the final results, and the conditions often change throughout the day, challenging drivers to be fast but also stay consistent.

Is this like Stage Rally or X-Games?
    Kind of- but without the high risk of danger and damage. This is rally but for street cars too. RallyCross courses are designed to avoid hitting trees, flipping your car, or crashing into a ditch. There are no gap jumps, stream crossings, or cliff-sides.

Can I do this with my car?
    YES. Pretty much any car at or near stock height can do it, as long as you don't mind getting it dirty. The only restriction is no SUVs, Jeeps, or “tall” pickup trucks (some compact pickups are ok – check with us). We have everything from Subarus, VWs, new and old Audis, new and old BMWs, RX-7s, MR2s, and a variety of other cars both new and old show up for events regularly.

Will my car be damaged?
    Not if you drive within your's and your car's limits. Your suspension will get a workout, and your car will get dirty.

Does my car need to be modded or “set up" for rallycross?
    No. Any car can run, and any car can win. You just need to hone your driving abilities. You will need a helmet. You don’t need a roll cage, race seat, fire suit, or other expensive safety device. We have loaner helmets available at the events, for free.

Where is the racing?
    The Washington DC Region of SCCA holds all of their RallyCross events at Summit Point Motorsports Park in Summit Point, WV. It’s about an hour+ drive from DC just off Route 7.

Will there be scantily-clad car girls who will let me take pictures of them leaning against my car?
    Not unless you bring them!

How do I find out more?
    Feel free to come to one of our events to specate. Most drivers are happy to give ride-alongs too. Or just sign up and learn as you go. Rallycross events are laid-back where everyone is friendly and eager to chat about the sport. The season starts with a driver’s school and test&tune – a perfect opportunity to learn how to drive your car off the pavement with tips and teaching by seasoned stage rally/rallycross veterans.
    The schedule above is tentative – I will let you know once it is finalized. Season subscriptions will be available as well, for those who want to jump right in!

Email Adam the chair of the DC RallyCross program with any questions or comments: rallychair@wdcr-scca.org
    I (Josh) will also try to answer questions in this thread and via PM, though it might take me a couple days to reply.

Here are some useful links:
    WDCR RallyCross Facebook page:
    DC RallyCross, Summit Point, WV. 2,216 likes · 2 talking about this · 70 were here. Fun in the dirt! All you need is a safe vehicle and a drivers license!

Official Washington DC Region SCCA site:

SCCA Rules and Classing info:

Yahoo Discussion Group:

Venue website:

Directions to venue:
    http://Washington Dulles Airport Mar... - Google Maps

A short video about RallyCross (though this isn’t our local region):

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And some photos of last year’s action:

Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

You should help my boy ted out. We put a motor in his 2.5RS late last year and it spun a bearing. He's getting another one soon.

Comment

Help him out with what?
      Track/street e21 build
      visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

put the new motor in his car. I already called "not it" lol

Comment

subie motor swap.....no thanks. I hate just doing basic things in my wrx engine bay, lol.

plus its too damn cold to be doing engine swaps right now.
          Track/street e21 build
          visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

NA, it's not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
              You should help my boy ted out. We put a motor in his 2.5RS late last year and it spun a bearing. He's getting another one soon.
              You know coop too? He was my college roomate.

He shoulda been a DSM fanboy rather than subie fanboy.

Comment

I worked with him for like a year or two. Have drinks with him every thursday. His DD is a sexy sexy legacy.

Comment

Would it be a bad idea to attend this with a e30 lowered on h&r race springs and bilstein sports?

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                  Originally posted by scabzzzz
                  I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                  1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                  2002 325i - DD
                  2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

may want to do some sway bar tuning but as long as you have a skid plate, you should be more than fine. I know people say you don't need the skid plate but... why risk it?

Comment

Hmm..maybe I can take the skid plate off my brothers e30 and throw it on mine for the time being. I would love to do some rally with the e30, but I don't want to bottom out or something if there are any major bumps and dips on the track. I've got some sways I could throw on, but I don't have the reinforcement kit for it...

Oh and winter tires should be alright for dirt tracks right?

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                      Originally posted by scabzzzz
                      I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                      1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                      2002 325i - DD
                      2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
                        Hmm..maybe I can take the skid plate off my brothers e30 and throw it on mine for the time being. I would love to do some rally with the e30, but I don't want to bottom out or something if there are any major bumps and dips on the track. I've got some sways I could throw on, but I don't have the reinforcement kit for it...

Oh and winter tires should be alright for dirt tracks right?
                        Snow tyres are used fairly common in rallyx, though I havent done a rallyx since they were back in Orange, I dual drived a SAAB, and the Bolivian Rolly Team would roll their cars.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                          I worked with him for like a year or two. Have drinks with him every thursday. His DD is a sexy sexy legacy.
                          Well he did have 4 subarus at one point, and made fun of me for not working on my cars, when he had an engine for one of his broken cars sitting in his garage for 2 years.

Comment

I think motivation gets away from him sometimes. I don't blame him. He'd rather drive than wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
                              Would it be a bad idea to attend this with a e30 lowered on h&r race springs and bilstein sports?
                              I will be the first to say that I just don't know about the Race springs. We have an e28 on H&R Sport or Race and he has managed to bottom out ONLY by driving like a dummy when NOT on the course. On the course he has not had an issue. He does have a skidplate.

I personally run stock springs, which are fine except when my co-driver does something dumb...which he does somewhar regularly. Lots of guys in lowered Subarus do just fine with their DD on the courses that are laid out.

You can pick up a skid plate for somewhere in the $100-125 range. If I had Race springs on my e30, I'd want a skidplate on there all of the time- but that is just me.
                              Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Working...
                              X