Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know this guy selling E30s in Germantown?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anybody know this guy selling E30s in Germantown?

    http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...794891588.html

    I just bought a car from this guy last month. I think I got an OK deal, not great...

    It's a little fishy since he said he got the car for a project then didn't have time for it. Then he's selling another one right away?
    "What? Something about road noise? I can't hear you..."

    #2
    Did he have a valid/clear title for the one you bought? If so, don't worry about it. People say all kinds of "reasons" why they're selling cars on CL, to get sympathy or whatever. Maybe he just flips car or something. Nothing fishy about it unless your car didn't have a good title.
    Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware



    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

    Comment


      #3
      Well, technically selling in excess of 6? cars per year is illegal as you have to have a dealers license in most states. But, we are not in any way required to report crimes nor police fellow citizens, so unless you were wronged or feel the guy is dishonest/borderline criminal take no action.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        Well, technically selling in excess of 6? cars per year is illegal as you have to have a dealers license in most states. But, we are not in any way required to report crimes nor police fellow citizens, so unless you were wronged or feel the guy is dishonest/borderline criminal take no action.
        lol....that makes half my friends criminals. But I didn't see anyone say this guy had sold 6 cars in the last year anyhow.
        Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
        Track/street e21 build
        visit Condor Speed Shop
        visit Motorsport Hardware



        [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by irish44j View Post
          Did he have a valid/clear title for the one you bought?
          It was valid but a little odd because he had not titled it in his name or drove it on the road since buying it. So the previous owner signed a notarized bill of sale to me.

          Probably flips BMWs periodically.
          "What? Something about road noise? I can't hear you..."

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by djork View Post
            It was valid but a little odd because he had not titled it in his name or drove it on the road since buying it. So the previous owner signed a notarized bill of sale to me.

            Probably flips BMWs periodically.
            Happens all of the time. Title jumping is technically illegal because the "middleman" does not pay taxes and fees.
            Patrick Henry

            1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880


            Comment

            Working...
            X