• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: (MD) 1995 BMW 325is - 115k

Sale pending

1995 BMW 325is - 115,749 miles

$2,200.

As a reference point KBB lists this car at $3,298 in good condition and $2,898 in fair condition. I have priced this for a quick sale.

VIN: WBABF3322SEF50666

- 5 speed
    - Black exterior, beige leather interior
    - Sport package (16" rims, leather sport seats, sport suspension, on-board computer)
    - Heated seats, sunroof, cruise control, ASC, ABS
    - Aftermarket CD player with front aux and USB input (JVC KD-R520) with Bluetooth controller for phone
    - Michelin Pilot Sport AS tires, plenty of tread

Car is mechanically great; Drives fine, shifts well, no check engine lights, everything works, etc.

Previous owner redid most of the cooling system shortly before I bought it with a new metal impeller water pump, aluminum thermostat housing, fan switch. He also did the ‘fan delete mod’. I replaced the coolant overflow tank, sensor, upper and lower radiator hoses.

Crank shaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor, knock sensors, coolant sensors, air sensors as well as all gaskets required to access and replace those sensors were replaced at 102k miles. M3 motor mounts and Bimmerworld transmission mounts were also installed at 102k miles. New O2 sensor, spark plugs, ignition coil boots, fuel filter, and K&N air filter installed at 102k miles as well. With all the new sensors, gaskets, mounts, and filters the engine should be ready to go another 100k miles easily.

Exhaust manifold studs have been replaced by bolts or new welded-in studs since the old studs snapped when I needed to remove the cat pipe to install the new O2 sensor. Not my best welding work but they are strong welds and should hold up just fine. New gaskets were used for reinstall.

New battery installed at 102k miles.

Cosmetically, it's "okay" considering it's a '95. The leather seats have some wear and 2 tears in the driver’s seat but are still comfortable, the door panel have the typical air bubbles in it where the lining has come partially unglued, these bubbles are restricting the door handle trim from properly fitting on the car but they are included with the car, paint is OK, there are a few areas where there are chips missing from rocks hitting the car and other wear and tear from being an 18 year old car. Nose panel was repainted in flat black primer has the paint was chipped and was starting to rust. Rust was sanded/removed first. Floor mats are newish with only ~10k miles on them.

Outstanding issues:

- There is some play in both front wheel bearings and they should be replaced.
    - Power steering has a small leak somewhere. This is common in E36s. It doesn’t leak much but there will be an occasional drop under the car, and it does make the bottom of the car look a little messy with some fluid/road grime. I believe it is the fluid container or one of the hoses that go to it but I never bothered to investigate further.
    - One rear brake light bulb is burnt out. If I can find another one I will replace it.
    - One license plate light bulb is burnt out. Again, if I can find another one I will replace it.
    - Hot/Cold knob on the center vent came off it’s guide. I have a new vent which comes with the car, if I have time I will install it. Note that this does not impact hot/cold from the HVAC, it just means that you can’t have cold air coming from the center vent while hot air is coming from all the other vents and vice versa.
    - Small exhaust leak where the muffler meets the cat pipe. I removed the muffler to remove a rear sway bar I had installed and I think I did a poor job of tightening up the bolts there. I should get this fixed later this week, if not it’s a 15 minute fix to jack the car up and tighten up the bolts.

All in all other than the front wheel bearings pretty minor issues. This is not a show car but if you’re looking for a good reliable daily driver, first car, or a good base for a track car this may just be the car for you. I would fix these issues and keep the car but changing job/home needs means I needed a 4 door vehicle.

I have a few (I believe 4-5) oil filter kits for the E36, I will include them with sale of the car.

Car has a complete and rust free OEM tool kit in the trunk.

The car does not have plates on it at the moment so unfortunately test drives will be limited to my neighborhood.

Car is located in Hanover, MD (ZIP: 21076)

Please PM me if you are interested in scheduling a time to check out the car/test drive or have any questions. Thanks!

Pics:

(Sorry for the post-car wash exterior photos not being the greatest I will try to take betters photos tomorrow.)

Last edited by kts; 12-04-2013, 04:24 PM.

Good luck with the sale!
    1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
    1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
    bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
    X