Small shop at Summit Point Raceway specializing in E30s
Collapse
X
-
1700 miles round trip but I got my bus back to town. Very excited to get this project started, it's clean by east coast VW standards but I want to get it back to the correct color and fix some problem areas on the body. Silver M60 E30 will be up for sale soon to make way for this in my garage at my house.
Leave a comment:
-
Nice! I may have some stuff for you to do in the next little while. I'll PM youLeave a comment:
-
Got the spec e30 back from getting the cage installed, really nice looking work.



We usually go off-roading at the Cove just outside of Winchester, there is something there for any skill lever however the trails are not generally open to the public. It is a really nice campground that is situated on approx 3000 acres of privately owned land.
There are some other cool spots south of here, check out taskers gap and some of the old forrest service roads west of Harrisonburg. Nothing too hardcore, any truck with 4 wheel drive and decent ground clearance can run those trails.Leave a comment:
-
Where do you go off roading? My gf and I went off roading (tried) in her Explorer a few weeks ago and the State Parks in MD are kind of lame. It got her feet wet, but we'd like to actually get out and do some real wheelin. We did find one section a few hundred feet long of 12-18" deep mud and it was quite the beast plowing through that. Not sure it was worth the 3.5 hour drive for that 300 foot stretch though. Hah.
Leave a comment:
-
Want to buy an e30 sunroof panel if anyone has one laying around, don't care about the condition its going in the spec e30.Leave a comment:
-
Stock front spring hangers cut

New hanger mocked up

More to come tomorrow, have to pull the rear springs off and use them up front to get everything back togetherLeave a comment:
-
-
I need to check this place out.
Can I get methanol around there?Leave a comment:
-
Finally tore in to my Toyota pickup project I've been collecting parts for the past few months. It's a 1984 extra cab pickup, had a rebuilt 22RE engine swapped in when I got it. I added some 35 12.50s on steelies shortly after buying it. Someone also put in a rear locker at some point but left the stock gearing (im guessing 4.10s) making it an absolute DOG. We broke the front drag link last time out 4 wheelin so naturally I had to beef everything up. I am going with 5.29 gears front and rear with e lockers front and rear, high steer, gusseted front axle housing, u bolt flip kit, IFS steering box and a sky front spring hanger. Should make a nice winter beater. I love these old trucks.


Old crappy stuff

Fresh stuff to go in!

Also put a banks sidewinder turbo on my old ford pickup, really woke up this old diesel!
Leave a comment:
-
Ha! Thanks Randy. I've actually been meaning to send you a message, my dad is going to keep the M10 in his E21 on CIS at least for the foreseeable future so that means I'll have the M42 swap available. If you still wanted the arms or even the engine/ trans/ harness let me know I need to move it out of my brothers place downtown.Leave a comment:
-
Ryan,
Congrats! Soon to begin work on the 1978 E21. Good luck, with the sale of the Ti. I saw it on CL and wondered it was yours. I'll have to drive the E21 up to Summit Point; after all, I do have that vintage bumper sticker.
Regards,
Randy Bryant
Elkton, VALeave a comment:

Leave a comment: