How about end of July early August so my car can show lol

Comment

Originally posted by 6gen91 View Post
      How about end of July early August so my car can show lol
      Sounds about right.

BUY MY WHEELS! BBS E50s!!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=275407

Originally posted by Lurker27
      Any man will tell you being blown is better than being stroked.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptcarisma View Post
        Crush..

Do you mean those 18in Style 5s will be done?? This I really want to see in person!

CAPP
        Yup
        I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
        Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Anyone have an extra i flywheel they'd be willing to sell?
          Thanks,
          Matt

Check out my BMW Fault Code Index
          '89 Turbo M20 Zinno Cabrio (scrapped)
          '89 Zinno IX (sold)
          '91 Granit Turbo S52 Sedan (scrapped)
          '91 WIP (scrapped)
          '13 F10 Carbon Black 550iX MSport
          '91 iX Sedan

Comment

Help me chicago, timing problems

Alright guys please help me out. IM HAVING VERY WEIRD TIMING PROBLEMS. I bought my e30 last year not running. took out the old engine and scrapped it, bought another full engine running and rebuilt the whole thing. All new gaskets, all new seal. even spent a whole day scraping RTV off of the cylinder head... anyways so im about ready to put my head on and realize i have a cracked rocker arm... so luckily MattPro had an extra one but i didnt feel like installing it myself so i brought it to a shop in Stone Park that replaced the rocker arm, pressure tested it, and hot bathed it for $95. (my neighbor owns the shop nextdoor) so now i got to put the head back on, bolt it up, torque it on, everything is fine, have the timing marks all lined up.... and it will only turn over about 90 Degrees until i can hear a Piston hitting a valve.... WHY IS THIS HAPPENING. I did everything the same way everyone else did it. all the timing marks are lined up. could it be that the head shop i brought the head to fucked it up somehow? but even so i still dont understand how this happens. please help.
            sigpic

Originally posted by whiltebeitel
            Has anyone told you your car sounds like secks? Big, manly, hairy sex, that is. None of that wussy romantic "making love" crap, either.

Comment

I have a spare 885 head, if your interested.

Comment

if the cam gear OR harmonic balancer was put on at the wrong angle it would appear that its at TDC but might not be, thats why you always set the block at TDC before you put the head on. If this isn't the case, then recheck your timing marks over and over again, it has to be off by alot for it to slap. your belt might of had slack in it and once you spun it, it loosened up or slipped. IF this isn't the case, you might have bent valves considering you just said your rocker was fucked. All n All, you live and learn. For future references, ALWAYS crank the motor by hand with a giant breaker bar to see if it slaps before you put pressure on it by turning the motor over.... My o2'

Comment

if the cam gear OR harmonic balancer was put on at the wrong angle it would appear that its at TDC but might not be, thats why you always set the block at TDC before you put the head on. If this isn't the case, then recheck your timing marks over and over again, it has to be off by alot for it to slap. your belt might of had slack in it and once you spun it, it loosened up or slipped. IF this isn't the case, you might have bent valves considering you just said your rocker was fucked. All n All, you live and learn. For future references, ALWAYS crank the motor by hand with a giant breaker bar to see if it slaps before you put pressure on it by turning the motor over.... My o2'
                  I'm really curious about this because I helped put this head on.
                  - Block was at TDC
                  - Head was at TDC
                  - Both timing marks were lined up 100%

I only tried turning it by hand with a ratchet on the harmonic balancer slowly, so it's not like the belt could have slipped or anything. I've done my own head so I know that the timing is 100%, I just have never seen anything like this before.

Isn't there a notch or something that keeps both the cam gear and harmonic balancer at the correct angle?

Also, anyone see this beauty?
                  http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/3116236078.html
                  Thanks,
                  Matt

Check out my BMW Fault Code Index
                  '89 Turbo M20 Zinno Cabrio (scrapped)
                  '89 Zinno IX (sold)
                  '91 Granit Turbo S52 Sedan (scrapped)
                  '91 WIP (scrapped)
                  '13 F10 Carbon Black 550iX MSport
                  '91 iX Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by MattPro View Post
                    lol

Comment

Matt, Ive built around 6 m20s, I've done the same things you have. Everyone makes mistakes like I did. I wound up thinking a motor was Tdc and fucking it. Where ya located, I'd like to see if I can help

Comment

Anybody have a remote brake fluid reservoir setup? My wheels came today and I'm thirsty to drive.
                        Last edited by CrusherCurtis; 07-05-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
                          Anybody have a remote brake fluid reservoir setup? My wheels came today and I'm thirsty to drive.
                          I really like the way they came out.

Comment

curtis.... im gonna jizz on your wheels.

Comment

curtis.... im gonna jizz on your wheels.
                              You sure can if you have a 5mm spacer.

Hate to sound needy, but the fronts won't clear anybody have a 5mm spacer that I can borrow.

Comment

if its a 5 lug spacer then yes i do haha, its a gay slide on but itl do

Comment

Working...
                                X