X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

* SOLD! * M50b25 FS in Kansas City

FS: M50B25 motor
    Motor is SOLD!

The M50b25 from my E30 Sedan (Siobhan). This motor originally came from a `94 325is. 18 months ago, when the swap was performed, I also did the following:
    * replaced the Head Gasket. NOTE - there was no problem with the motor prior to this, but with the motor on the stand it was easy to do and seemed like good insurance.
    * replaced the old water pump with a new metal-impeller one
    * replaced various other o-rings & gaskets, including the rear main seal

The motor will come with the following parts (not installed)
    * e28 M5/533i flywheel
    * NEW LUK clutch kit (pressure plate, throwout bearing, friction disc, clutch alignment tool) for an e28 533i. NOTE - it does not come with the pilot bearing, and you will need a different one for your transmission anyway! This part costs a whipping $8.63 at gutenparts.com for an OEM bearing!
    * NEW Bosch starter for the e28 flywheel
    * Intake Manifold
    * Motor mount arms
    * Custom transmission brace for a G260 transmission (needed to run the G260 with the M50). This also has the transmission mounts on it, but honestly, they're cheap, and I'd recommend buying new rubber mounts...
    * I THINK I have a spare throttle as well that I will include, but I'm not positive on that point!

The motor will not have the E34 M50 oil pan, coils, fuel rail, wiring harness, crank sensor, cam sensor or exhaust manifolds - these are being used on my S52 swap.

This motor has never skipped a beat under my ownership. Still ran great, fired up immediately every time, and pulled strong. If I wasn't going with an S52, she'd stay in my car forever.

I am asking * SOLD! * for the motor and the other included parts. Given that I just bought the starter for $150-ish, the clutch kit for $200-ish and the M5 flywheel for $150, I think that is a very reasonable price for a strong, reliable motor.

Located in Kansas City, MO. Willing to ship at the owner's expense if needed, (typically in the $200-$250 range in the continental US). The motor is already pulled from the car, and is on a pallet, ready to go.

Feel free to call or text me at 816-729-2768. I think I have painted a pretty clear picture of the motor that is for sale, but I am happy to try to answer any other questions about the motor.

Cheers,
    Kingston
    Last edited by kingston; 07-28-2013, 11:41 AM.
    Originally posted by LJ851
    kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
    ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
    #teamross
    Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Working...
X