X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cptcarisma
    replied
    Hey guys,

eagerly awaiting some pix & recap from this ride!!

CAPP :-)

Leave a comment:

• Simple_Smith
    replied
    This weekend is already here! Hope everyone is set for the meetup

Leave a comment:

• Simple_Smith
    replied
    Less than a month away! I hope everyone is getting their projects in order!!

Leave a comment:

• Simple_Smith
    replied
    My weekend trip out to Iowa was pretty successful on the first day. Found a solid location for the meet: Buffalo Shores Recreation area in Iowa. Right on the Mississippi with a large overflow parking lot and 65 campsites available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

The second day I was really hoping to check out the Shimek State forest park, but with the snow we got the night before, none of the entrances were plowed and I did not fancy getting my car stuck back in the woods unlikely to be found for hours... But other than that, I also found a decent park right in Keokuk we can cruise down to on the last day. Parking will be a bit cramped, but it has some excellent views overlooking the river.

A little update on my car as of this recent weekend..

Well my four door is manual swapped and it feels great! My custom shift arm worked out perfectly and I'm really happy with the way it feels with the lightened flywheel. Still looking for a 3.46LSD, the 4.10 open is killing me haha.

Hope everyone's projects are going well and looking forward to the Mississippi meetup as well as the Chicago g2g coming up at the end of March

Leave a comment:

• Simple_Smith
    replied
    Make sure you guys check out my updates this weekend on the facebook page and my instagram!

Leave a comment:

• kingston
    replied
    Ross, c'mon man...Get`er done!!

Leave a comment:

• Simple_Smith
    replied
    Then we all look forward to seeing vids of it running when you come out to the meet!

Leave a comment:

• IronFreak
    replied
    I just don't see my car being done by then.......Running possibly but finished not likely.....

Leave a comment:

• Simple_Smith
    replied
    Just ordered nearly 400 bucks worth of parts from guten parts. That should be very nearly everything I need to finish up the 4 door! Getting excited for the spring with this 40 degree weather we were getting to enjoy Monday.

Hoping everyone is making some progress on their cars and still plan on making it out to the meet come May!

Thanks,
    Corey

Leave a comment:

• kingston
    replied
    Matt, come on out anyway! I can almost guarantee that your car will look nicer than mine :/

Leave a comment:

• MattPro
    replied
    I really hope I can get enough money to get my body damage fixed before this meetup now...it sucks looking at so many amazing cars when yours is so smashed up.

Leave a comment:

• Simple_Smith
    replied
    This is great! I just need to finish getting the last couple parts together for the trans swap in my daily. I'll have an interesting shifter setup. Custom, but not an "original" idea would be the best way to describe it..

Leave a comment:

• DrLeadFoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Simple_Smith View Post
    Haven't decided yet. That's quite a trek for me. Might go if I can get a couple people to go with.
    I'm down for this! GFest and MFest are on my bucket list.

Back on topic.

Starting to get some interest on wibimmer.com about the spring meet!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kingston
    replied
    Originally posted by Simple_Smith View Post
    Haven't decided yet. That's quite a trek for me. Might go if I can get a couple people to go with.
    /
    I'm down for the trip!

Leave a comment:

• Simple_Smith
    replied
    Originally posted by kingston View Post
    Corey, you making the run to GutenFest next year? I missed it in `13, but was there in `12. Planning on being there again in `14!

Looking forward to this event!!!!

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
    Have we picked a solid date for this? I need a goal date to get the car finished.....
    May 3, 2014

30 guests on the facebook page attending so far. Let's shoot for 50!

A spring meet for all Midwest euro car enthusiasts. Will take place Saturday-Sunday May 3rd and 4th People welcome to come out Friday as well...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X