Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be there, likely cruise over with a friend (the guy with a bunch of 0s).

Comment

Originally posted by 96 Cosmos View Post
      Just a thought here, but it would be fun to turn this into a bit more than just the usual get together. We could try and organize some awards where we can all vote on the winners. For example...

Most Original
      Favorite Early Model (Diving Board)
      Favorite Late Model (Plastic Bumper)
      Best Interior
      Most Modified

etc...

Just an idea. My dad organized something similar on the east coast several years ago for the 2002 guys. Mid-Atlantik '02 Fest and they had great turn outs 4 years in a row. I'm a graphic designer, so I could volunteer to layout some award certificates.

Any thoughts?
      Great idea man, Mastercuse and I are haeding it up, but if you would like to do awards that would be great. It would be another cool incentive to show up. PM me if you would be interested in doing that. Also you could have the category best modded engine.

Thanks for the gret suguestion

Cool guys, it will be nice to have some IN. presence there.

Comment

I would vote yes on awards.

Comment

I'll be looking forward to an official announcement thread.

Comment

We will probally come out with an announcement after the 1st of the year.

Comment

Everyone, I need to know who is so low that grass and very SMALL bumps would cause you to bottom out? I am in the process of asking the Delaware State Parks grounds keeping if we can park on the grass in front of the dam. It looks like it is very smooth but I really don't know and if it is going to be that much of a trouble I won't bother asking.

Comment

I am still in for the spring meet.

We should try and figure out a weekend date soon so planning and vacations can be scheduled around this. I have 5 racing weekends already planned for 07 with the NASA GTS series and F1 at Indy and Spain so my dates are filling quickly. Just my 2 cents.

If we are looking for things to do during the meet, we could get a tech session going. I am not the most skilled mechanic out there, but I can organize or help out depending on what people want to learn. I know nothing about turbo's! But any maintenance or rebuild items I am fully capable of.

Good to see this thread still alive.
                Kevin Gibson
                90 325is

Comment

That would be cool, I would just be worried about the Dams "people" getting upset at us because we are doing work on cars in their parking lot. Let me get a hold of them and see what we can do.

Comment

Originally posted by racingwoody View Post
                    We should try and figure out a weekend date soon so planning and vacations can be scheduled around this.
                    Could we also schedule a rain date for, say, the following weekend? A light drizzle is "fine" by me, but it'd be a drag to meet up if it's pouring.

Comment

Yea, definately. Me and Alex will start PMing each other and then we will figure it out

Comment

DJ I will PM you when I get back from the shop today. Will try to get a tenative date out there and get a few things organized.

Rain date will also be good. They probally won't like us working on our cars, but a tech lesson might be fun.
                        Should be an offical announcement comming soon, that way you all can plan around it.

Also if we can get enough people to make it worth while I will do shirts.

Comment

Could people that are in school or have other really important days post their finals weeks? I definately don't want to do this on a final/midterm week and I think others would agree. If we start getting them we could have it on the best weekend for everyone.

I was thinking mid April would be good because Quarterly schools have finals in June and Semester schools usaully have them in May

Comment

I'll be there. Just say what weekend/day. I'm in Columbus, IN though so I might caravan over with the Terre Haute guys.

Will
                            RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                            Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                            DaveCN = Old Man
                            My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                            If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaveyBassist View Post
                              I'll be there. Just say what weekend/day. I'm in Columbus, IN though so I might caravan over with the Terre Haute guys.

Will
                              Yeah, sure, if you don't wreck your car first . . . .
                              Current Cars
                              2014 M235i
                              2009 R56 Cooper S
                              1998 M3
                              1997 M3

Comment

Shutup fag.

Will
                                RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                                Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                                DaveCN = Old Man
                                My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                                If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Working...
                                X