No announcement yet.

E30FESTOHIO 08!! Columbus, Ohio May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe what was that parking lot/park called that we went to after TDC? That was pretty big and I'm guessing it had some grills.

Comment

I honestly dont know. It was a lanch dock for boats on the Scioto. The lot is at the corner of riverside and fishinger road. I dont know if that would be the best spot, Upper Arlington cops are assholes.

How many people do you think we will have? My grandpa owns a business out by the airport with a fairly large parking lot, plus a field and a building. He may let us use it.

EDIT:

If all else fails, i can ask the property manager of my work if we could use the parking lot and restrooms on a sunday. The parking lot is big enough for about 70 cars. Back up to a small patch of woods and high fences on either side. Just an option
      Last edited by Hick; 04-26-2008, 07:20 AM.

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by neighborhood View Post
        DJ. I understand that you have alot on your plate at the moment. Thanks for posting that. The awards/shirts/ other things never really mattered to me, If you can still have a cookout, I will be there!
        hey DJ,

not to get personal, but you should have let us know what was up with the Mrs. We are prayer's. We can petition God, like we are now--since we now know what--in her behalf. Cars are wonderful, but they can never take the place of folks.

As for the get together: the joy of the meet was meeting all of you. The trophy's and all that are nice, but the memories are of the conversations, and the crazy roll down there. Meeting the members and finally placing a face to a name.

We can all bring food and just have fun. Car talk, Frisbee's, football, baseball, or just kicking it. The idea is that we meet. Sort of like a family reunion; except better: we actually want to see the folks that are going to be there rather than some compulsary thing. Count me still in!

Comment

Plus we still have the other fest get together too in May, from Saloon. And I know he and I will be getting together just to pray for your better half. So come on out and lets get the E30 thing going!

Comment

Damn, my highschool prom is on may 17th,lol so im probably out("fuck").
            97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
            2001 330ci 5 speed
            83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Any update?

DJ, don't worry about prizes and all the perks you had last year. Just finding a decent spot for everyone would be fine. I still think Battle Darby would be a good spot. They have grills, bathrooms and plenty of space.

Hoping for the best for you mom. :(
              S52 E30 M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reneen/...7601910739497/

Comment

Im with Renee on this one. Grills are a must

Originally posted by vlad
                Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Man I can not make it i have to work... do you guys have any shirts that you guys will be selling

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                  I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                  "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

What if we just have a gathering, it's not going to officially be E30Fest?

That can hold off until DJ has more free time.

Here is the park. Plenty of back roads and it's off of 40 where (I think) its 55 mph speed limit.
                    Battelle Darby Creek features more than 7,000 acres of forest, prairies and wetlands. It stretches along 13 miles of the Big and Little Darby creeks, both State and National Scenic Rivers. Besides the areas surrounding the creeks, there are also over 1,600 acres of restored wetlands and prairies. Bison have been reintroduced to the park and roam freely within two enclosed pastures.
                    S52 E30 M3

Comment

I am with you Renee,

Right now we need to come together and lift DJ and Mrs. up. We can meet just to meet, but it will not be the same unless DJ and family are there. Plus we still have the Farhfest to be all about BMW's, but first things first.

Hang in there DJ. Our family has gone through this too, and my mother, the person who had it, came out smelling like a rose. She was 70, at the time, and they said this and that. But we prayed. Prayer is a weapon beyond all comprehension.

Hope to see you there!

Comment

UPDATE:

Renee is going to start putting together an informal meet for the 17th...so look out for that guys!

E30festohio WILL be next year, this year I just have other more important things to do.

Comment

Ok, who wants to help me get this organized? :p

Need someone to help figure out who is bringing what, secure the spot at the park and maybe put up signs prompting people where to turn.

People should just bring the standard cook out items: Charcoal, fluid, hot dogs, buns, etc.

I will head over to the park and find the exact spot. However, we can't reserve the area and could possibly move within the park. I have been there with pretty big Subaru group and it worked out well.

The official E30Fest will be next year. Don't expect t-shirts or prizes for this unless you want to make them/put them together.
                          S52 E30 M3

Comment

Renee, I can bring something...lets start a list of who is bringing what..

Comment

I can bring down a couple coolers full for drinks: pop, water, whatever. If there is anything else I can do let me know.
                              -Kyle
                              '88 325is
                              '06 X3 6mt

Comment

Renee,

I can help secure the spot at the park and set up signs.

We should get a list of people planning to show up to this meet to get an idea of how much food to prepare.
                                2008 135i
                                1990 325is - SOLD
                                2001 Impreza 2.5RS - RIP
                                1982 CB900f - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X