No announcement yet.

Indy r3pres3nt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318is??? I have a red/pink '90 325is. I think i saw you on 116th a couple weeks ago real late at night. You got next to me and I waved then revved up when you turned and I went by.
    RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
    Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
    DaveCN = Old Man
    My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerboy12 View Post
      Im dying to go to an event have you guys set anything up yet?
      Wow, your cabby is all one color now. Sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaveyBassist View Post
        318is??? I have a red/pink '90 325is. I think i saw you on 116th a couple weeks ago real late at night. You got next to me and I waved then revved up when you turned and I went by.

Yeah, that was me haha. You work over by the Fry's and Pep Boys between 96th and 106th, right? I see your car over there all the time, but never really got around to trying to figure out whose it was.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Used to. Not anymore. I work at the Autozone on Allisonville now so you'll see my car out there every once in a while. I live in those apartments across the street from there.
          RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
          Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
          DaveCN = Old Man
          My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
          If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Oh, sweet. I actually live right off of Hague Road, so I'm over there every once and awhile

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

i am east of downtown. i have an awesome machinist (cheap and great quality). i know quite a bit about the m20 and whatnot. have access to a shop/lift. and looking to do a meet when the weather is better. whos interested?

Comment

I'm always up for it haha

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I'm bumping this thread for the sole purpose of asking to borrow a part from people I don't know.

Does anyone local have an AFM I can borrow for about an hour? I've been running diagonostics on my car this weekend and have the problem narrowed down to what I think is the AFM being faulty. Resistance values were OK, but the problem is intermittent. I finally threw a code 1215 last night. All the other usual suspects check OK. I can throw in a little gas money for your troubles.

Comment

I'm in the process of moving to Indy - just trying to sell my house back in STL first. Then I'll be bringing up the E30S50. I'll need some intel on places to get some work done on it before I can get it going 100% though...

-I need a really awesome exhaust shop that will do stainless.
                    -I need a shop that will fix some rust damage in the rear wheel wells (probably need to replace a portion of the left shock tower.
                    -I need a shop that will replace my rear transmission seal (dealership couldn't get the flange nut off even though they changed it 7 years ago).
                    -I need a dyno.
                    -Brandon
                    '86 325es S50
                    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Sweetness. I was just in STL, very exciting drive through SO IL.

Here is a shop that some locals were setting up a dyno day at: http://www.petecozzolino.com/motorsports/

For frame work, I would recommend Northwest Frame and Alignment: 10805 Andrade Drive Zionsville, IN 46077-9244 - (317) 873-3773. I have religiously used this shop and awesome service, friendly, knowledgeable and family run.

Vaughn should be able to work on your seal.

Comment

Yeah...i've been doing that drive every weekend for a month and a half now...not that scenic of a drive!

Thanks for the info, I talked to Zionsville andthey recommended Northwest Frame also. Is Vaughn a guy at Northwest Frame?

Thanks, Rob!
                        -Brandon
                        '86 325es S50
                        '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                        '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                        '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:

Comment

Haha. ZA actually is next door / shares a wall with NWF. Aaron is the main guy to talk to at Northwest. Tell him Heeter said great things. He remembered me and my car like a year and a half after I dealt with him a few times, and always great service and help. My uncle also has a long history there and they are very helpful.

Vaughn is a shop that does Merc, Volvo, and BMW work just down the road from NWF / ZA. http://www.vaughnmotorwerks.com/ They've always done tech inspections for the club and have taken care of some work I couldn't over the years (gas tank swap, pressing CSB, etc.)

Comment

Man, BMW shops everywhere...I think I'm going to like this town!
                            -Brandon
                            '86 325es S50
                            '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                            '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                            '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:

Comment

There's also Euromotorworks on the NE side of town. (But have not done any business with) http://www.euromotorworks.com/

Carmel is a hot bed for BMWs (just north of Indy), so there is money in keeping them up.

There's also a local guy who is also on the forum who parts E30s and does some mechanical work on them in Westfield. Reggie: http://reggiesmotorworks.com/ So if your E30 ever needs anything, call him up.

Comment

Whats up Hoosiers!
                                Moved here from western washington state about 6 months ago and am finally settled back in (lived here about 12 years ago). We have two E30's and one is a full track/autocross car, the other a daily driver. I have been into BMW's and racing for the last 8 years but I had kinda taken a break from it all for the last two years.
                                Time to get going again! So, I'm looking to meet local E30 enthusiasts, autocrossers, track junkies and the like. I am in Indianapolis (northwest side). If I can get the work needed on my track car finished I will try to get in on the early autocrosses coming up. Anyone here a CCA member or other local clubs?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X