E30 emissions Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 emissions Chicago

Hey everyone, new to Chicago and in the process of buying a 1990 325i (m50 swap with lots of goodies). By doing some online research I could find out that in general e30s are exempt from emissions testing (Vehicles of model year 1995 or before that were in compliance with the Illinois Vehicle Emissions Inspection Law on February 1, 2007), but if I am buying from out of state and need to register the car in Illinois for the first time, I am thinking that I will have to take the emissions test at least once. Anyone has any experience or knowledge on this? Thanks in advance

No emission test to worry about in IL If the car is pre 96. There is no inspection or anything that will be done or any tests. Just register the car and go about your merry way. Where in Chicago are you located?
    Originally posted by Good & Tight
    It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
      No emission test to worry about in IL If the car is pre 96. There is no inspection or anything that will be done or any tests. Just register the car and go about your merry way. Where in Chicago are you located?
      Thats great to hear, thank you! I’m right in Old Town, moved here in the fall. What about you? Any good events and meets out here? Also, any shops you would recommend in the area? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

mpiazza, Welcome to Chicago! You want an excellent e30 Enthusiast owned shop? Look up LukeG Workshop, in Roselle. I've been going there for the last 4 years. Dan has done everything to my e30 and e46. Look them up on Facebook & see all the great work they've done!

Good Luck & hope to see you this Spring!
        CAPP..... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Cptcarisma View Post
          mpiazza, Welcome to Chicago! You want an excellent e30 Enthusiast owned shop? Look up LukeG Workshop, in Roselle. I've been going there for the last 4 years. Dan has done everything to my e30 and e46. Look them up on Facebook & see all the great work they've done! Good Luck & hope to see you this Spring! CAPP..... :-)
          Thank you! I have been in contact with him to get work done, have heard nothing but good stuff. I appreciate the recommendation. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X