Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing lol... It's just fun watching some of these thought processes..... Especially knowing the funding behind some of them

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Which is exactly why I am *not* buying that car even though I really want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        have you thought about an E28? I haven't even driven mine past the drive way and I just love sitting in it! It's pretty much a 70's car as far as technology, and you can just feel the different era this car has.

The US bumpers just kill the E28 though. Mine with chrome euro bumpers and clean BBS RS's looks dead sexy.
        I have thought of a E28. It might be a tad big for me though, I like small cars. I don't know if I could bring myself to sell the E30 yet. It's a long ways out though. First comes the house, then my wifes GTI, then a new toy.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
          I have thought of a E28. It might be a tad big for me though, I like small cars. I don't know if I could bring myself to sell the E30 yet. It's a long ways out though. First comes the house, then my wifes GTI, then a new toy.
          You guys definitely getting the GTI then?
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yes, it might not be before the house though. It met our requirements perfectly. They are very practical cars. She LOVES the plaid interior too.

Comment

Nice. How is it to drive?
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

It felt very natural to me. The shifting is very precise, which I can NOT say about the volvo. The clutch isn't too soft and engages how I would expect it to. The seats are just amazing for me. The GTI non-round steering wheel is sweet. It has that hax variable power steering assist so it stays pretty tight at speeds yet super easy to do U-turns and parking.

I think their E-lsd-diff is a little overrated though. It controls wheel spin a little bit but honestly it seemed about the same as BMW's traction control. I really wish I could test their stability control before we buy it. DSC is one of the most amazing things I have experienced. I have driven mercedes version, which I thought was lame. I hope VW's is a bit better.

The sell point was just how practical it is, which is what we are looking for. You can get the 4 door version and the car stays the exact same size as the 2-door. That way we can actually carry friends/family without making them get it the back of a 2-door. Comes with I-pod connect, UV protecting glass, AC'd glove box, CUP HOLDERS, navigation, decent mpg, turbo for elevation, a real hatch unlike the volvo, smart airbags, seats actually fold flat for the dog, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Iannfld View Post
                  I posted it on Craigslist at the same time as here, and some guy commited to buying it. He's suposed to pick it up the weekend. I'll let you know if it falls through. Who knows with craigslist.....

I didn't think there would be so much interest in the interior. I guess clean ones are hard to find.

Is anyone around here parting out an E30? I need some trim pieces, a high beam, and clean trunk carpet. Only looking for excellent condition or better.
                  Keep me updated with this. Send me a PM if you think the buyer is going to back out or if you want to sell it quicker. I can go to the bank in the morning on Saturday but they close at 1:00 I think. My PM's go to email so I will get it sooner then if you post it here. Help me spend my money!

Comment

It felt very natural to me. The shifting is very precise, which I can NOT say about the volvo. The clutch isn't too soft and engages how I would expect it to. The seats are just amazing for me. The GTI non-round steering wheel is sweet. It has that hax variable power steering assist so it stays pretty tight at speeds yet super easy to do U-turns and parking.

I think their E-lsd-diff is a little overrated though. It controls wheel spin a little bit but honestly it seemed about the same as BMW's traction control. I really wish I could test their stability control before we buy it. DSC is one of the most amazing things I have experienced. I have driven mercedes version, which I thought was lame. I hope VW's is a bit better.

The sell point was just how practical it is, which is what we are looking for. You can get the 4 door version and the car stays the exact same size as the 2-door. That way we can actually carry friends/family without making them get it the back of a 2-door. Comes with I-pod connect, UV protecting glass, AC'd glove box, CUP HOLDERS, navigation, decent mpg, turbo for elevation, a real hatch unlike the volvo, smart airbags, seats actually fold flat for the dog, etc.
                    Nice, sounds like a good car!

have you cross-shopped/considered an '11 WRX Hatch? If I'm not mistaken, they're about the same price.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                      What crawled up your ass and died?
                      Your logic.
                      89 325i (Sold)
                      95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                      2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                        Your logic.
                        Nice ninja edit.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                          Nice ninja edit.
                          What edit?
                          89 325i (Sold)
                          95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                          2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

They are a bit more then the VW when it comes to actual dealer prices and adding options. The Subaru has AWD and is faster. BUT, I don't care for them and my wife makes a gross face whenever she sees one. This is going to be my wifes car, and lets be honest, the GTI is a girls car. Hell, even the dealer told me 60% of their buyers are women and the cars are actually designed more for women then men.

However, I am still considering one. We haven't had time to go to a dealer and drive them. I think awd is a big plus, and they at least "look" bigger for those long trips with the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                              What edit?
                              You're vs Your.

They are a bit more then the VW when it comes to actual dealer prices and adding options. The Subaru has AWD and is faster. BUT, I don't care for them and my wife makes a gross face whenever she sees one. This is going to be my wifes car, and lets be honest, the GTI is a girls car. Hell, even the dealer told me 60% of their buyers are women and the cars are actually designed more for women then men.

However, I am still considering one. We haven't had time to go to a dealer and drive them. I think awd is a big plus, and they at least "look" bigger for those long trips with the dog.
                              The '11s were facelifted a bit, and you can also get them in a sedan version that looks.....different.

I'd drive the WRX first before eliminating it, but it sounds like the GTI does pretty much all you need and want. Hard to argue with that.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

If we can buy non-JAYDEEMMM-clear altezza tail lights for the WRX that would be a huge addition.

Comment

Working...
                                X