Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and that's what I was kinda getting at. A good DD is what Brad said... A DD in my sense, is a built motor, big turbo, loud and comfortable STi...

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

That is all true, I can't argue with that nor am I trying to. I just want something fun and unusual.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Like that Chevy

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
        Originally posted by DTM190
        "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

You guys are overlooking the epicness of an E34, which an S54 bolts right into without any serious thought. Or M52 E34 turbo on style fives.... oh gawd I just came.

Comment

its true. recently I have been interested in maybe scoring an E34 535i for a later turbo car.

Comment

Bamn.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                Fair enough, but I'm fairly certain it's as easy of a swap as doing an S50 swan in an E30 is.

What do you mean by missing the point? It's totally possible to have a DD that's fast.....

it's not. There is a thread on myE28 about a guy doing it. From what I remember... custom motor mount had to be fabbed. I think the E34 oil pan needed fabbing, and I believe the exhaust didn't have that much room.

what about a V12 E28 swap? 550i?:nice:

E34's are boring.. sorry. I had the most badass of E34's a 3.8L M5 and it was still ho-hum.
                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                  Fair enough, but I'm fairly certain it's as easy of a swap as doing an S50 swan in an E30 is.

What do you mean by missing the point? It's totally possible to have a DD that's fast.....

it's not. There is a thread on myE28 about a guy doing it. From what I remember... custom motor mount had to be fabbed. I think the E34 oil pan needed fabbing, and I believe the exhaust didn't have that much room.

what about a V12 E28 swap? 550i?:nice:

E34's are boring.. sorry. I had the most badass of E34's a 3.8L M5 and it was still ho-hum.
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Erics likes to DP ^

I seem to have a different approach to DD than all of you, a DD should be a car thAt when some AHole hits it in a parking lot, etc, you really just don't give a fuck. ...like an 03 s10. or a 500K mile 94 volvo that refuses to die. THOSE are DDs. I have ZERO interest in modifying them other than the requisite maintence to keep them on the road.

I haven't driven my euro in almost 2 years now, and it's probably gonna sit for quite a while longer as well. - once i got the collector car registration it was time to let her take a nap. she's been through alot and has treated me so well since i picked her up back in 2003, quite a slow and painful metamorphosis with periodic modifications while facing the DD grind. She's not going back on the road till it either has to for some unforseen reason, or shes finished.

I tried DD'ing that 91 318i for a few months, but it was a matter resisting urges to modify and think of modifying and randomly thinking about ways to modify it, and think of 24v swaps, and other random things to do to it that were not directly related to just keeping it running. It did get me better mileage than this S10 is, fucking autotragic s10 gets 10, thats TEN miles per gallon less than the manual.

A dd should be a car that you don't in any way perceive it as in investment, and in no way do you feel inclined to invest anything into it at all except regular maintenance to keep it from A) falling apart in a dangerous way to your health or its longevity, B) keep it road worthy for legal reasons.

BMWs will forever be off of my DD'able list cause I know way too much about them and know things to do and will want to change and modify them if given the chance.
                    on second thought, the only BMW i can foresee myself having as an honest DD would be a 2001 740i 6spd with sport package. BMW did right on that one. That car is absolutely perfect for what it does best. I think the only alteration I could subject one of those to would be a different set of wheels.
                    Last edited by LEANE30; 11-06-2010, 09:19 AM.
                    ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                      what?? why you you post that? not only is it only a 525i with the ridiculously underpowered M50, but it's automatic, over-priced, and riced out.

allow me:

not riced, more powerful/torquey M30B35, and cheaper: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2042968347.html
                      It even also has a trunk spoiler. However, I don't know if it is manual or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                        I just threw up in my mouth

Wheelgap is like a vagina. The more fingers you get in, the worse it is.
                        Originally posted by Chachi
                        young chicks are not keepers. they are for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by stoliver54 View Post
                          I just threw up in my mouth
                          Someone has some taste. Ohh and apparently Sean is alive. Hi Sean.
                          89 325i (Sold)
                          95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                          2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Hi Clark, I like your new DD

Wheelgap is like a vagina. The more fingers you get in, the worse it is.
                            Originally posted by Chachi
                            young chicks are not keepers. they are for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by stoliver54 View Post
                              Hi Clark, I like your new DD
                              Thanks, I want a ride in your swapped car.
                              89 325i (Sold)
                              2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Crazy Russian Tripping on God knows what

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-ECM...has_verified=1
                                89 325i (Sold)
                                2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Working...
                                X