X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shanking is bad, m'kay?
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
      ....or I will be shanked.
      If this is the case, leave the E30 to me please. :)

Comment

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/2147755043.html

someone please convince me not to buy this.

I REALLY want it.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
          http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/2147755043.html

someone please convince me not to buy this.

I REALLY want it.
          Well, the ad is probably wrong. I think it's the 5spd dogleg not the 4spd, which doesn't help you not want it.

It IS based off of an e12 though, so....

Fuck, who am I kidding, for $900 I'd take it in a heartbeat. You'd better call dibs though before Sam gets wind of it
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

heh heh heh.....

I'd do some DMV research on what is required to get a title, and offer him 5 benjamins on the spot, with a truck idling out front with a trailer in tow. He couldn't turn you down. HOWEVER, first ask for the VIN over phone/email and do some research on the car itself, whether it is a gray market, etc.

also, the E24 ISN'T worth its weight in gold in parts or whatever he is trying to push on you... If it was a euro E28, I'd be all over it like stink on shit right now...

Comment

also, in case anyone was wanting to know more about this car: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2148180267.html

It is the same knucklehead who wanted $11k for his E30 a while back and posted no pictures, and then posted a picture of a different car that he said was "like" his car. So anyway here is the car again, and this time he wants $8500, even though it is listed for $1.

I emailed him about it, that's how I know. I figured i'd share and perhaps save someone a similar email.

Comment

I'm not really interested in re-selling any of the parts, this would be a sweet project car for long term restoration. I love the e24. Now to find the cash, and someone with a trailer and truck to help me get it home...

I'm waiting to hear back from him on some emailed questions, we'll see what he has to say...

Comment

If there is no rust then buy it!

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

If there is one thing r3v Mountain is bad at, it's dissuading people from buying cars they don't need.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I just talked to the guy, got the vin and the low-down on it.

After checking the VIN it is a euro market e24 import. It was re-sprayed from silver before the PO had it (po is apparently a friend), the engine was removed for respray (apparently).

The original trans is the 4 speed manual. Its interior is trashed and it hasn't been registered for 15 years. Last time it ran and moved was about a year ago.

Odo reads 120k or so.

I'd get it for a rainy day project but I can't swing the money right now...

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
                        I just talked to the guy, got the vin and the low-down on it.

After checking the VIN it is a euro market e24 import. It was re-sprayed from silver before the PO had it (po is apparently a friend), the engine was removed for respray (apparently).

The original trans is the 4 speed manual. Its interior is trashed and it hasn't been registered for 15 years. Last time it ran and moved was about a year ago.

Odo reads 120k or so.

I'd get it for a rainy day project but I can't swing the money right now...
                        Could be a money pit if it hasn't ran for a year.

Another note: Anyone want to look at that 325is parts car with me tomorrow at 1? I don't feel like getting shanked. Colfax/Wads, 5-10 minutes from my place.

Comment

V8 anyone?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            mmmmm, nikasil. Yep, I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                              mmmmm, nikasil. Yep, I said it.
                              When BMW extended their warranty, did they replace the block with an Alusil one? Because, with only 128,000 miles it's very possible it made it in the limits of the extended warranty when it was in effect.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                                When BMW extended their warranty, did they replace the block with an Alusil one? Because, with only 128,000 miles it's very possible it made it in the limits of the extended warranty when it was in effect.
                                Correct as far as I know it.

There are different numbers stamped on the Alusil blocks so it is easy to tell what is what.

Comment

Working...
                                X