X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
    Only in if we do E30 pickup with a 440.
    e30 roadster, pickup with supercharged 440.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

MMMMMMM frame flex

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Here are some pics of the M5 with my new Droid X:ohsnap:

Check out the condition of the paint! (minus the smudge)

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

ZA sounds like a great trip. One of my good hang gliding buddies is from there and I missed out on the chance to go to his wedding. He's a biologist who goes deep into the parks behind the scenes. I hope one day we can get down there for a proper visit. He flies off Table Mountain and it is some of the most scenic flying I've seen.

Top Gear America is blasphemy. One of the worst abominations in the history of motoring and television. Jay Leno call it years ago by pointing out that unlike the BBC, having Top Gear in America advertising dollars funding the show would compromise journalistic integrity.

We could do a better job on the show than those tools. I hate Tanner Foust. He is the quintessential example of how American car shows focus on the cars with scripted hosts devoid of character or personality.
          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Wow, nice M5 Eric! You guys make it to CO yet?
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
              Top Gear America is blasphemy. One of the worst abominations in the history of motoring and television. Jay Leno call it years ago by pointing out that unlike the BBC, having Top Gear in America advertising dollars funding the show would compromise journalistic integrity.

We could do a better job on the show than those tools. I hate Tanner Foust. He is the quintessential example of how American car shows focus on the cars with scripted hosts devoid of character or personality.
              EXACTLY.

Which is why we should make our own, unfunded version and make it crazy popular via youtube/streetfire/etc...

One of the things I do is promote stuff, and I'm skilled with video production/editing/producing. We could make it in a couple weekends.

Probably the most fun we could have would be making fun of american top gear's personality devoid robots.

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              OG status. Awesome.
              Last edited by monkeytaco; 02-04-2011, 12:20 PM.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

That is one nice M5!

Comment

Tit's on the M5. Looks like you have headlight washer potential too. I need a control unit and relay to complete my kit. Any lines on those in the fatherland?

Ross

Maybe the first show could be a hang gliding race between Ian in his S52 E30 and me down Lookout Mountain. I could happily narrate while speed gliding down, I'm sure Ian could do the same.

We could go back to the roots of fixed wing flight originating in Germany with Otto Lilienthal's hang gliders and the 25th year anniversary of the E30 M3. Hell we could use Ian's E30 M3 instead! Hell I could write a script for that super easy... I could probably arrange for air to ground footage from a buddy's light sport aircraft too.
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I love the idea but there's no way we could do a real race down that road. Too many bikers. I imagine the M3 being thrown around turns and such, which just isn't safe there.

Comment

That M5 is beast, the paint looks so deep. I've met Tanner Foust in person he's a douche.

Comment

Tog gear america does suck.

But in truth name a better US auto show...

Comment

Timing would be key. Mid morning on a weekday. He wouldn't have to get reckless to get good footage. Hero cam mounted low on the vehicle. Overhead footage of the switchbacks overlooking Clear Creek.
                          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by colorado_cabrio View Post
                            Tog gear america does suck.

But in truth name a better US auto show...
                            Chasing Classic Cars. Wayne is not Mr. Personality, but he's not trying to be either. Great cars, lots of variety. Some mechanical stuff too.
                            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

True, spotters would be key to sucess.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                                Chasing Classic Cars. Wayne is not Mr. Personality, but he's not trying to be either. Great cars, lots of variety. Some mechanical stuff too.

Agreed I like CCC; but totally different format (basically a documentary) vs the TG stuff; reviews, skits, competitions, etc.

Hell I love the shows that cover the Retromobile show in paris, or a history of Ferrari, or BMW bikes, but all those shows like CCC are just a totally different format.

Comment

Working...
                                X