X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed - with both of you...
    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I'm down with all of the above efforts to organize driving fast on the lookout mountain road, however I will chat with a few of my high ranking police officer friends to see how hard it is to close the road and give us permission to do this. It is possible. I know people who have done it before, and no, it didn't cost a ton of money.

Back in college, in minnesota, a friend's dad was a sheriff and he and several of his cohorts closed a section of the north shore highway for a high speed run for a few friends on a tuesday morning. It was only closed for about 20 minutes and there was a benefit of no side roads between the closure. It was epic.

I think it would be awesome to have a race between a mountain biker, hang glider, and e30 m3...as long as I get to drive the m3. if not, my m52 beast should race too. :)

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

^ hell, if it's in the snow, we'll add the manwagon.

or my e36 track car
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
          can we video the whole thing and do our own rendition of top gear? I swear we'd be better than "american top gear" which is a completely retarded spin off of the greatest television show of all time.

I don't have that much money. We'd have to make it a group effort. 10 people each put in $100?

here's the starting point:

Let's make it a roadster.

I know a post like the following goes into the CL thread, but isn't this the peckerhead with the 1989 $400 E30 that everyone has been emailing? Apparently he changed it to 1987. I emailed this guy THREE times, and no answer, just emailed him for a fourth time. Sheesh, i HATE people on CL....

in other news, still no word on the e30 I was after in Fort collins. Even tried calling again just now, no answer. Maybe he died.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
            I'm down with all of the above efforts to organize driving fast on the lookout mountain road, however I will chat with a few of my high ranking police officer friends to see how hard it is to close the road and give us permission to do this. It is possible. I know people who have done it before, and no, it didn't cost a ton of money.

Back in college, in minnesota, a friend's dad was a sheriff and he and several of his cohorts closed a section of the north shore highway for a high speed run for a few friends on a tuesday morning. It was only closed for about 20 minutes and there was a benefit of no side roads between the closure. It was epic.

I think it would be awesome to have a race between a mountain biker, hang glider, and e30 m3...as long as I get to drive the m3. if not, my m52 beast should race too. :)
            4th of July, they close lookout mountain road at the top and bottom, except to residents....let's just say me and the E30 M3 didn't let's the opportunity go to waste!

Comment

Ill be on the bike, but my road bike ;) Im game for any of this tho, would be a lot of fun.

Comment

Yup. If we can get a closed bit of road, pit the E30 M3 vs the E36 M3 vs the road bike vs hang glider vs ????? and make some movies. Would be awesome fun.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I know they close it in May for the longboard race. I seriously don't think we would need to close it.

Im telling you slower is better, it's all timing between subjects and the illusion of speed. Not actual speed. Ian wouldn't have to drive any faster than we did when we did the Friday drive. The only hitch would be clearing it for traffic so he doesn't get stuck behind a bunch of tourists going 20, but we would have air support for that. He could start just uphill of the M and once he approached below launch it would be my cue to launch. If we times it right I could swoop with in inches of his roof. Again, timing not speed would make the shot.
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

If it's for a production, we don't have to film it all at the same time...

Comment

We want aerial video of the M so some of it has to be at the same time. However getting good shots of the M taking turns and such can be shot anytime.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

The illusion of speed is exactly right, Alex. The only thing a closed road would do is remove unwanted "extras".

I did a commercial for the dodge viper when it came out and we didn't close a single road or break the speed limit. The finished product looked screamin!

Simple frame cutting techniques can speed it up a bit too if necessary. Aerial shots of the glider/car could be done from up the ridge too without need for another aircraft. 1200mm zoom works awesome...

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

1200mm zoom, wow...

I saw a sad sight today. A beautiful Diamond Schwartz late model IX coupe with fresh paint and a fresh built motor that was smashed in the front by a drunk driver last night. It was a the car wash. Talked to the kid and his dad. He said they are on E30tech and Bimmerforums, but not here. Shame...
                          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

One more day to buy tickets. I don't get paid until Monday so no fun for me. I heard the track in Erie is much better.
                            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                              http://www.denverdailydeals.com/r/4b...dd6a5e26e7994d

One more day to buy tickets. I don't get paid until Monday so no fun for me. I heard the track in Erie is much better.
                              For you guys wanting to come with us for Thursday college student night, that's a great deal!
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Mr. Plow, that's my name.

That name again, is Mr. Plow. Winter Park has been getting hammered. 9.5 last night, 13.5 in the last 48 hours. I am snow plow.

And this was a couple nights ago at about 9.30 at night, it was -30 the next morning. fml.

That is all, carry on.
                                Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                                You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X